Thread: Sudden loss of power/stupid noise

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Sudden loss of power/stupid noise

Was driving around today when suddenly my car just loses all power and splutters like hell when driving, its a 52 astra mk4 1.6 16v. with the help of my mate we changed the egr valve and the spark plugs, aswell as checking the throttle body for the usual gunk but no luck there, any ideas on what else it could be before i pay stupid amounts of money to get it put on the computer. thought about changing the fuel filter and it seems to be sucking air in fine when it nearly pulled my hand in earlier lol so that wont be a problem. just wondering if anyone had the same problem cause it could be anything.

Cheers CraigJG
    http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/sh...-s-VXRed/page1 - My VXR - AOC Top 10 Winner PVS 2013 - 304BHP Powered By RS Tuning & Arc Reactor

Status
    Tech Advisor/Moderator
    Mentioned in
    52 Post(s)
    Quoted
    240 Post(s)
    when it lost power did it bring the EM light on mate, if not it sounds as though it may be a fuel delivery problem, either a blocked fuel filter or fuel pump issue maybe. i recently changed my fuel filter because i had what i thought were fueling issues on my 1.6 sxi and afterwards it was much improved, but then it was 5 years since i changed the fuel filter, totally forgot about it

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    yeah the em light is on, ill get a new one tomorrow and fit it, the only thing i couldnt try with it being this late on sunday. cheers for the reply
    http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/sh...-s-VXRed/page1 - My VXR - AOC Top 10 Winner PVS 2013 - 304BHP Powered By RS Tuning & Arc Reactor

Status
    Cumbria RO | Club Team
    Mentioned in
    48 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    If the EM light is on then read the fault codes before buying any parts...I think the pedal test is relevant for your car to read these codes yourself.

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Ok thanks for the pedal test idea id never heard of it so i done it this morning and got cylinder 1 misfire p0301, ive already changed the sparks so im gonna get a new coil pack today and try that. read another thread from a guy who had the same problem and this fixed it so fingers crossed

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Right well my cars alive again haha bought a new coil rack and put it on and she fired up fine, glad it did like cause it cost me a hundred quid lol. the engine management light stayed on but i just disconnected the battery to reset it and its been off since. so thanks for the help.