Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sell astra and get a civic? or stick and upgrade...

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

sell astra and get a civic? or stick and upgrade...

hey all, as my 1st car i bought a mk4 astra 2.0 sri 2months ago, and it has been running perfectly for me ever since

i wanted a fast car and this was fast enough for me at the time, but now i really want something more

i was looking to get a honda civic (ep3) type r (02/03) plate in a year or two. i like the japanese cars as they have bulletbroof engines and you can thrash them around

by my calculations i would be guessing in a year the civic will be available at around £4,500 so id be looking at a 2,500/3,000 outlay on top of selling my car.. which got me thinking... surely, even for half that amount, i could really tune my car up nicely.. eg. ecu remap, sports cam, sports cat, remus centre section, unrestricted rear silencer (unlike my current irmscher), rebore the shafts for a larger engine capacity, coilovers, strut braces, sports clutch with lightened flywheel...

i really dont know which direction to take with this...

or i could get a civic ek3 vti, or just do a complete u-turn and get a diesel golf tdi 115/130/150 for the fuel economy

really dont know help! lol

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    oh, and my car has 90k on clock

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I guess really this depends on whether you want to have a project car (your Astra) or pay for a car that is already modded how you want. (the Civic)

I havent owned an Astra yet so cant comment on the build quality. But I can tell you Hondas are built to last & they will go on & on. Ive yet to see the same build quality on any other manufacturer in this price range. *thumbsup*

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Mechanic View Post
    I guess really this depends on whether you want to have a project car (your Astra) or pay for a car that is already modded how you want. (the Civic)

I havent owned an Astra yet so cant comment on the build quality. But I can tell you Hondas are built to last & they will go on & on. Ive yet to see the same build quality on any other manufacturer in this price range. *thumbsup*
    lol i will lively mod the civic too.. whatever engine/exhaust mods you can do to give it more torque and even adding a supercharger somewhere down the line :P that k20 engine is sure a beauty!!

i really dont know what to do

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have just gone the other way sold my ek4 sir now waiting on picking up an astra gsi 03. There prob ain't much in straight line speed except the torque. Which tbh is mint compared to the b16a. The k20a as a bit more torque but very similiar 0-60 times as my ek4.

Obv the ep3 will be an upgrade from urs so if I was u that's what I would do. Then u have a better base to mod further rather than spending money to just get bored again then to sell it on and lose money.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Get a civic, im guna sell my astra for a type-r, well nice in red wiv white alloys
    Vauxhall Astra 1.8 Sri run about

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Used to have a type-r ep3 and wish i still did. Awsum car for the money. Def would go for that if i was you.
    For free hugs PM me.

For sex, pm cabriomatt.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iansimms2004 View Post
    Used to have a type-r ep3 and wish i still did. Awsum car for the money. Def would go for that if i was you.
    hmm.. im undecided now whether to go for the quicker 0-60 civic ep3, or for a diesel mk4 golf pd 130/150 which i guess will have loads more pull at speed and better for the amount of miles i do!

god i dont know.. they at oppsite ends of the spectrum

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    if you get the civic and do alot of miles, expect to spend alot of time at the petrol station, they do drink it and the tank is tiny! around 40quid to fill up, compared to my coupe turbo which i reckon could squeeze in £55. I'd still get the civic tho. lol. they are that good, if you like fast acceleration and awsum handling.
    For free hugs PM me.

For sex, pm cabriomatt.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ive had a coupe turbo, Civic type r and the integra type r dc2 the best of the 3 is the integra type r get the jdm one.
    Vxr turbo with 360 bearing and twin oils seals & Evoms dv. Cdti airbox 63mm tophat.Milltex cat back and pre cat.. Regal 245 leh phase 1 ipf remap.Whiteline rarb.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast