Thread: The new astra!!!!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The new astra!!!!

Long live the MK4 after 5 1/2years i decided it was time to change so i have now managed to upload some pics of my car for you lot to cast your opinions on so please be gentle there is still alot more to do!!!!!

It all began on the weekend after my birthday at the end of may this year i was getting bored with my old astra and manged to find this 3dr pannacotta 1.8 design at my local garage

After a fair bit of humming and harring as i loved my old astra to bits and couldnt see me having anything else i became the proud owner of a mk5!!!

So first job was to do some de badging firstly changing the grill as i had already found and bought a grill from lmf and picked it up ready for painting and to get it fitted for PVS so off i went to work ( a insurance repair bodyshop) to get our painters to give it the once over but.................

After putting the colour coat on one of the slats had twisted even though he said he didnt use any heat to bake it, a roll of tape and some elbow greas and we managed to pull them straight!! 2-3 minutes later after being in the oven on a low heat disaster struck!!!!!! Luckily they gave me the money to buy a new grill but it was too late for pvs!!!!!!
    One can of aerosol later and a bit of patience later i painted the new grill myself the colour match was better and the finish was better so i was chuffed!!!!

Next on the list was to do the rear because i had never been a fan of the VERY large badge on the boot so promptly whipped that off in anticipation for my ordered GTC badge to replace them!!!

So thats the main/cheap/easy parts done and out the way, Billing was drawing closer and i was getting fed up of looking like a tractor!! A quick call to LMF again got me a set of 35mm apex springs in the post and the following week a set of shiny new wheels!!!!

And while i had the wheels off the girlfriend suggetsed i painted the brakes GREEN!!! She LOVES grenn so i thought well it will keep her happy ill just wait until she has gone and repaint them!!! But with the new wheels on they had started to grow on me so here they still are!!!

And not forgetting the most recent addition the Insignia washer jets, my local vx garage had told me they had lots of people oredering these and asked why i promptly told him because the original ones are CR*P!!!!!

So there you go thats my car so far, I still have the xp kit to fit with VXR roof spoiler a bargain from Billing and a few more bits and bobs!!! ENJOY

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    looking good mate. like those wheels alot.
    For free hugs PM me.

For sex, pm cabriomatt.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cheers bud they are Monza rs just incase anyone wondered 225/40/18 and took me long enough to decide on them nearly went for the same as redhotpanther but the team dynamics version until i saw he had the merc version on his car!!!!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    how much the rims set you back if you dont mind me asking. redhotpanthers do look very nice.
    For free hugs PM me.

For sex, pm cabriomatt.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    £599 + 25 pp on ebay mate look for lkperformance if you order early enough next day delivery!!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hmm just another 300 to save then. lol
    For free hugs PM me.

For sex, pm cabriomatt.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I thought I recognised the car and i remembered i took a pic of it at billing so here it is if you would like it!

Status
    /
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Like i said at Billing mate, the wheels look great on it. Mudflaps work really well with them.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Fantastic start, love the colour, heard about the Insignia Jets too, people are selling them on ebay for a good whack more than they buy them for
    I wanted a design spec and couldnt find one so got an Elite but havent done near as much as you (lowered and wheels only)

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Are the insignia jets a straight swap??

Car looks nice doug. You gonna Xp kit it??
    Gaz

No longer owns an Astra

Bye bye VXR Castle Combe Edition - because it's done more laps of Castle Combe than most Bergs have of the Ring

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast