Thread: alpine IDA x001 question

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

alpine IDA x001 question

Installed the above with alpine patch lead and steering controls into my zaf GSI which work fine but it will only work with ignition on, do i have to connect a permenant live as i thought the adapter would have taken care of this.I think i have read somewhere that the ignition and permenant lives need to be altered.Also the lower display on the mfd goes off when i switch on the H.U but is ok when the unit is off can this be solved also.Thanks

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    Your headunit will work when the keys are on the first turn, this is how the car is. Swapping thw wires will only keep it's memory but the steering wheel adaptor does that

To keep the display showing the date you'll need to remove the mfd and cut a red/white wire
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks,that is correct but the radio loses its pre-sets and time setting the way its wired at the moment are you saying that the steering module should hold the pre-set date time and stations?.If i snip the said wire on the MFD will it display current radio stations when the unit is on.Cheers

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    The steering wheel adaptors usually swap the wires around but seeing as it's not saving the settings do the usual and swap the red and yellow wires around

Cutting the wire will just keep the date on the MFD all the time, you can't get the radio or cd details up there unless you use a adaptor if there's even one!
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Is that on the steering control plug or the patch lead,got a rear window fault now its stopped working and does not respond from either front or rear switch been havin probs as it would not hold its total closure setting and would occasionally not close with the key either,looked for related threads with no luck,are there any known issues with rear windows on the zaf,have afunny feeling its the motor and does this have to be bought with the regulator.Big thanks

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    Swapping the wires? Do it on the stereo wiring as there will be bullet connectors allowing you to do this

Window problem will probably be broken wires

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    I have only used the plug connections, i.e patch lead and steering control lead and nothing else i thought this was all that was needed, i remember there are a few others one is a permanent live with in line fuse.I take it these needed to be connected also.

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    I have no idea what your on about anymore. Just swap the red and yellow wires around

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    There is an iso connector on the back of the stereo,that is what i connected,that in turn connects to the patch lead and steering control.There are wires with bullet connectors but i have not connected any of those.Hope that clarify's things.Thanks un sorry for doin ya head in.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Plugged into the back of your alpine there will be a small rectangle block of wires, this goes to the bigger 2 sets of rectangle blocks (ISO plug) the bullets are inbetween those 2 plugs.

If you want a true MFD display for your car you need to buy the official alpine adapter to give you station display and track listing but its really overpriced for what it is, as said you can snip a cable behind the mfd to leave the date up or leave it as at the end of the day, if you dont know what day it is, you have more problems if your behind a steering wheel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast