Thread: z19dth 120bhp question

Status
    AOC Lite Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

z19dth 120bhp question

Evening all! Been looking at getting a new astra some time in the new year. Gone off the turbo petrol idea now as the running cost compared to the diesel is astra-nomical (you like what I did there?). Seen the SRI diesel (150 bhp version) and everything about it gets me quite excited. Doesn't take much really.

Anyway, from what I understand, the engine in the 120bhp version and the 150bhp version of the same car is mechanically identical. Is this correct? If so, does this mean I can get a 120 bhp model and tune it (or derestrict if you like) up to 150?

I can't seem to find a 150 model with relatively low mileage for less than 6k and I think that may be a push. 5k is more my kind of territory depending on how things pan out
    2000 1.8 CDX money guzzler a.k.a Bessie

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    from what i heard there are two 120bhp engines, one is the 120bhp and the other is the 150 engine but running 120bhp, which then can be mapped to 190bhp like the 150 version. there are two engines. one has the oil cap near battery (right of the block) this is the 120-150bhp engine. and the other the oil cap is on the left. i think i have it right? the but the left oil cap engine can be tuned to 150-160bhp i think

there is a post somewhere if you fancy a search pics of both engines and all the facts.
    the black Opel Sri-t with bbs ch alloys and
    Eds3.5

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i got a 07 design 1.9cdti auto 8v 120bhp,oil cap is on the left of the cam cover,i've got a cduk green box fitted and it makes a difference.