Thread: My new wheels :)

Status
    Cumbria RO | Club Team
    Mentioned in
    48 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

My new wheels :)

Unless I'm missing something, these look like they'll refurb OK (with the help of my wife's Uncle who refurbs and powder-coats alloys for a living!), shame the offset is a little out at ET35 but I believe this should still be OK!

Kahn RSR 17", 7" width, 4x100 PCD....all for the princely sum of £40 and transport via Coo (thanks again!):

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cool mate, similar condition too mine when i got them! Strange how they are a bit expensive and people destroy them?! What colour you going for?

Status
    Cumbria RO | Club Team
    Mentioned in
    48 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    They're worse than yours were, the edges are fairly well chipped...they're some corrosion on the spokes too but not much, I think it might just be paint reacting as they've not been powder coated white, just badly resprayed with runs all over the inside of the alloys. They also have a gold italic 'Kahn' text on two of the four wheels too which looks like it's just been stuck on the paint before being laquered. Very wierd!

I am lost how anyone gets wheels into this state, I can only hope that the refurb people can sort the edges out - all the info on the web seems to suggest this isn't a problem.

Colour wise I'll be sticking with metallic silver, if I can get it a shade darker then I will, but metallic silver is top choice!

Status
    Cumbria RO | Club Team
    Mentioned in
    48 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Powder coat in progress today, they were repairable, luckily the comment 'they had a few dents we had to sort out' didn't mean they were past it!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    look forward to pics - bargain

Status
    Cumbria RO | Club Team
    Mentioned in
    48 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Could be a few weeks or more before I see them finished which is frustrating, but hey, best things, those who wait etc!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Be worth it mate! I couldn't wait to get mine done and on and i done them myself! lol Thinking of redoing them now!

Status
    Cumbria RO | Club Team
    Mentioned in
    48 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Need to get some wheel sealant ordered now I'm itching to see them the edges were scuffed to hell on all but one alloy, with a few chips out of the edges too, I'm really curious to see how repairable these were!