Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Phone Contract up at the end of this month

Evenin all

My phone contract (with o2) is ending at the end of this month so it's time to get a new one!

I'd quite like to stay with o2 as i've been with them for a long time with limited problems. Just got a couple of questions really:

I've heard/read alot about haggling to get a good contract...any advice for this? What have other people got from doing this? Would ideally like unlimited texts and couple of hundred mins.

Also, what would you lovely people advise as a good phone with a cracking camera? Had my eye on the Sony c905, but have been told some horror stories so would like to know some alternatives.

Cheers chaps!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    When i got my contract i told them what i wanted on it, and my max id pay every month, i got unlimited texts and 500 mins and insurance for £45 a month, and mine runs out the end of this month and im getting the Nokia N97, i would highly reccomend that, or what about the blackberry storm? or the new iphone

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well I'm currently paying about £37 each month. I'm on a £30 contract with unlimited text bolt on. Want to pay about £25 if I can get away with it!

Phone wise, do you know what the camera is like on the Nokia? I'd like an iPhone as the application side of things is appealing (bit of geek you see ) but the camera is as good as I'd hoped.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    5 MP, 2592x1944 pixels, Carl Zeiss optics, autofocus, LED flash, video light

That's the camera on the Nokia N97, yeah the Nokia is loaded with apps aswell, and it has the qwerty keyboard

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ive just spent 40 minutes on the phone to o2 for my upgrade, ive been with them 8 years and they aint giving nothing away at the mo, and they aint got the n97 in yet, so still stuck with n96

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by z20let van View Post
    ive just spent 40 minutes on the phone to o2 for my upgrade, ive been with them 8 years and they aint giving nothing away at the mo, and they aint got the n97 in yet, so still stuck with n96
    That doesn't sound good! Did you threaten to cancel? Apparently if you do you get put through to the 'Customer Retentions' department and they'll give you pretty much anything to keep you there.

Read that on www.moneysavingexpert.com

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by z20let van View Post
    And they won't have, as they are selling the iphone

I have the iphone superb phone, not tried the N97.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yea O2 are just counting on thir iphone customers it seems...

I asked about my contract that runs out tuesday and they wouldnt budge on what i pay

i asked about the new viewty smart and i was told they wouldnt be selling them until they had sold enough iphones
    as that was their priority

so im going in tomorrow for one last face to face push and if not im walking next door to phones 4 u and getting the viewty smart on a cheaper contract and i still remain on an O2 customer lol

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    That doesn't sound good

Well I'll be ringing them Friday and see what they say. But if they're just trying to flog iPhones then I may well be leaving them!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I got a w995 600mins and ultd textes for £25 a month with 02 with some haggling

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast