Thread: Insurance relating to the 2.2 SE2

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Insurance relating to the 2.2 SE2

Found a 2.2 SE2 going for a good price and so have decided to check insurance price before viewing.

When I enter the plate on Direct Line it says ''VAUXHALL ASTRA 2.2I (03-03) SE2 COUPE 2198cc 2DR'' with a quote of £1020. The number plate is 52 and the owner is claiming it was definitely a 2002.

So I decided to manually enter it, and by the looks of it, they weren't manufactured in 2002. Only when I enter manufactured in 2001 it came up with ''VAUXHALL ASTRA 2.2I (01-01) SE2 COUPE 2198cc 2DR'' and quoted me £870. Everything else in the enquiry remained the same.

Can someone explain whether these cars were only built in 01 and 03 and this one in particular must have been registered in 2002.
    And perhaps the guy from AF can explain how there is a £150 difference, between two identical cars?!?!?!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Dont know about the 01/03 thing although 52 plate cars can be registered at the beginning of 2003, but it will be £150 difference because an 01 car if you write it off they will pay you out say £2k, and an 03 might be worth £3-4k so the premium is higher in case you lamp it and they have to pay out!
    Driving Audi TT 225 Q

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I thought that was what the value of the car question is for?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You'll notice with a lot of insurers now that they don't actually ask you for the value of the car - I guess they make their own assessment based on the vehicle details.
    Europa Blue cabriolet turbo...now with VXR turbo, collins dump valve and a large number of Courtenay hoses

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah and I dont think that value of the car question means anything unless you go up to like £20k plus on some, cos when you play with your details to see how cheap you can get your quote on admiral, and im sure others too, you can change it from like £500 to £10k and its the same premium...? I dont really understand insurance companies mate.

Funniest one Ive come across is my dad is a teacher and on my policy as a second driver, on the occupation list it has 'teacher' and 'teacher -public'. They are the same job lol but they give different premiums for me!
    Driving Audi TT 225 Q