Thread: Aaron's 1.6 16v SXi Diary

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Aaron's 1.6 16v SXi Diary

So, Bought my first car in June 2009. Found the car on Autotrader, Looked lovely, got up there and she was, so I took her! Cost me £1700. 2001 Model, 1.6 16V, 71k Miles, family owned from new, and full service history!

Here is the picture of the advert, standard SXi:

Then i have her a thorough clean the following week using a selction of Megs and AG products. Looking lovelyy! Sorry about some of the pics at weird angles, will get some better full on shots soon!

Then I Debadged her, and also bought an Irmscher Cross Hatch on here thanks to MaseAmie SRI. The grill made a huge change to the front end, and now im just after the GSi tinted headlights to finish it off. I also bought a Pioneer HU, the DEH-6100BT. Fantastic headunit and outstanding sound quality from the original equipment.
    I will add pictures of the DeBadged rear when I take some more. But here is the HU and Grill for now. Again not the best angled shots, but ill get some more soon when it brightens up!

And thats it for now. But next up is
    - GSi Front lights.
    - Irmscher spoiler sprayed and fitted.
    - Possibly different speaker system.
    - Colour Coded or GSi Skirts
    - Clifford Alarm!

Plus other bits and bobs which will eventually come along!

Thanks for taking a look.

Aaron (AaronMc)

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Been down the spares shop today. Brand new set of Deco GSi and Late SXi/SRi rear lights. These have really set the back of the car off, and now im just waiting upon a phonecall from the bodyshop to have the spoiler fitted. Then the back is sorted for now.

Getting the GSi front headlights on next Thursday so that should also finish the front off!

Beesting aerial is also on the car, but is not the best fit as the thread is a bit of a strange size, doesnt fit directly in, but does with an attachment, but leaves a bit of a gap which im not keen on. Will get pics of the aerial soon, but for now here is the rear.

Still need to take some proper decent photo's of the car somewhere, and get some good all round shots. But heres a little update.

Let me know what you all think, and what else you recommend for the car!

Aaron

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    New headlights were ordered in, set of the originals for £70, wasnt going to complain. Got these on the car as soon as I got home, and what a different these make to the front of the car. Sets of the front big time! So really liking the look of the front now.

Spoiler was also sprayed up and collected from the bodyshop, got it home and the dad fitted it for me. Grand job and again, this sets the rear of hugely! Loving the look of the back of the car now.

Gave the car a good wash on Sunday, however as soon as i applied the wax down come the rain. However got some lovely beading, and a nice picture of this too.

Here are some pictures of the latest mods:

Still to come:
    - Colour Coding
    - Bonnet Lifters
    - Uprated Boot Lifters
    - Astra URL Sticker
    - Clifford Alarm
    - Irmy Backbox
    - Possibly New Alloys (Longshot but hey ho!)

Keep the pictures coming, and am going out this week to get some decent all round photos. Expect alot to be upcoming!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    So the Astra Owners Club URL sticker came this morning, chuffed with it and this is where I have placed it on my car. Might order another for the other side eventually. Glad thats on there now!

Also I got my bonnet lifters from LMF. Very easy to fit indeed, and a great addition to dress the under bonnet. Im pelased with them and have had no problems with fitting or closure of the bonnett, gaps etc.
    Here they are..

Tempted to get an uprated set for the boot also, to cater for the extra weight from the spoiler.

Next up is going to be the colour coding I think. Looking at getting the GSi/SRi-T skirts already in silver, and then CC'ing the rest. Should make quite a big different that.

Ill keep the pics coming of updates.
    Quote Originally Posted by fourteenhundred View Post
    On the other hand, tell them to far-cough!