Thread: Custom Hazard Warning Switch help

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)

Custom Hazard Warning Switch help

I'm relocating my Hazard Warning Switch due to a Touchscreen dash fabrication. I have selected a Hazard Warning Switch from another make of car which appears to operate in the same way (i.e. illumination and switching on/off).

The current Astra Hazard Warning Switch illuminates when 'ignition live' and will flash brighter still with hazards selected. The other switch connected in the same way will illuminate when 'ignition live' but will go out all together when hazards selected and will not flash at all.

The only thing I can think of is a different type of bulb fitted. Can any auto leckies shed any light on this (pardon the pun) before I start losing sleep over it - it's really nagging me to why?

I have my multimeter ready to carry out any continuity checks etc. required........

Thanks,
    Dave
    Whiteline RARB & Strut Brace with Eibach Pro, Bilstein B4s & RnD Droplinks - FARB Powerflex'd

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    I've managed to get the Hazard Warning Switch to flash with the indicators when selected to on but so far have been unable to illuminate it with 'ignition live'. No worries about that though.

If I connect the illumination switched live (Hazard Warning Switch connector pin 9) I get the symptoms described above.

I just need to tidy it up a little now.............

Dave
    Whiteline RARB & Strut Brace with Eibach Pro, Bilstein B4s & RnD Droplinks - FARB Powerflex'd