Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Near Portsmouth....... Drives a Signum 1.9 CDTi
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

People that have made claims

Would anyone be willing to post threads in here documenting any claims they have made.

Just post up when the crash happened and what happened during the claim so people can see what companys are good or bad at handling claims.
    The truth is always the truth even if you haven't realised it yet...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Wont go into detail at the moment, as dont have time, but do not use hsbc insurance, even though i work for hsbc...

there claims handling is awful!

quinn direct was reasonable i suppose, took about months to settle though as other driver drove off so ha dto be found,t hen denied all knowledge etc... just make sure you get legal cover, as i didnt for first year

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Crashed 3 odd years ago into back of someone at about 3mph. No damage to mine, agreed to do nothing but then week or so later I got a phonecall from my insurance company asking what had happened as they had had a call from his insurance company saying there was £3.5k of damage to his volvo and him and 2 passengers (there was only him in the car) were claiming they were unable to work due to whiplash. I was with admiral, told them the TRUTH and they went back to other company who threatened court a couple of weeks later. Had to take it up the arse as didnt want to go to court but did report to police as the lad was blatently claiming fraud. He didnt have his seatbelt on either and also the crash was in the queue for alton towers and he went on all the rides later that day with his and his 2 ghost friends apparent whiplash. All claims were dropped magically a few weeks later but I still lost my no claims

Dealt with efficiently by admiral but I shouldnt really have lost my no claims, it was only my first year though so doesnt really bother me now.

Another crash, someone hit me, no visible damage but behind the bumper and inner boot was nakered so went through insurance, i was with Zurich, they were brilliant, took about a week and they gave me a brang new civic as a courtesy car at 18. Better than the crap agilas i get from vauxhall.

Admiral OK
    Zurich ACE
    Driving Audi TT 225 Q

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Near Portsmouth....... Drives a Signum 1.9 CDTi
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Insurance broker: Chris Knott
    Insurance company: Liverpool Victoria

Here's my claim:

Had a bump on the motorway involving 3 cars.
    Middle lane of motorway stopped and the van in front brakes hard and stops, I brake hard and stop too.

Girl behind brakes hard but skids into the back of me (At about 10 mph) which pushes me into the van.

All swap details and off we go.

Got home and reported accident but told them I wasn't sure if we were going through the insurance or not as there wasn't much damage.

3 days later insurance company phone me and ask if I am going to make a claim or not. I told them I was waiting to see what the girl wanted to do and I would contact them asap.

A weeks later the girl finally decides she wants to go through insurance so I phone my company and the send out forms the next day.

Filled out forms and sent by return post.

2 days later they phone and tell me the girl is saying that I had already hit the van to which I told them she was lying.

Next day I get a call from my insurance company and they have the statement from the van driver backing up my statement. They tell me to get a quote to fix the car and fax it off to them (This was on a Wednesday).

Friday my insurance company phone asking if I had a quote yet which I hadn't as I was going down that day.

Monday they phone to say they have the quote and did I want to claim from my insurance and then them claim it back of the girls insurance to speed the process up or go straight to hers which may take a few weeks to get it done. I went for the latter as its was only minimal damage.

That day I get a call from her insurance who want send an assessor out to have a look who comes out on the Wednesday to see the damage. He assess it as costing slightly more than my quote and offers to give ' Cash in leau of repair' as its easier for him/them as once the check is issued the claim is finished and they are not liable for storage and a hire car whilst its being repaired which I took.

Just received the cheque (For what her insurance assessed it at) so all in it took just under 8 weeks from the crash to the claim being settled and that's with a 2 week delay in me claiming.

All in all I think that's great service.
    The truth is always the truth even if you haven't realised it yet...

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Broker: Endsleigh
    Company: Norwich Union

Details were:

I was driving down an A road and doing nothing wrong at all. Bloke pulls out from a side road in front of me and hits the front corner of my car. Pretty clear cut case so i thought and didnt think i would take much sorting as i was clearly not to blame.

Phoned insurance next day to tell them what happened next day courtesy car arrived and 3 days later my car was taken away for repairs. My case was then passed over to solicitors to sort out blame of accident ect and i had contact from them to inform me they were looking at the case but nothing from norwich union and i assumed my car was being repaired and id be contacted when my car was ready.

6 weeks later and i got a letter from the solicitor saying they were sorry to hear my car had been written off (news to me!!) so i had to ring norwich union and ask before they told me?? And basically after a couple of weeks of calls i finally managed to get an offer from them for the car, minus my excess as the blame was settled yet.

No more contact from norwich union on the case and the solicitors were crap too and i had to keep call them to find out what was going on! All in all it took me over a year to get my excess back and i almost had to go to court to get it back and was only given to me 2 days before the case was due to be seen by the courts.

All in all it was an absolute joke, simple accident that anyone could see wasnt my fault (i had pictures that clearly showed this) and i was out of pocket £550 for over year, not to mention all the phone calls and stress it caused. And 6 weeks to decide to write my car off seems crazy!

So my lesson is learnt and i will never use Endsleigh or norwich union again for anything!!!
    SRI TURBO + COURTENAY CS3 =