Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Faulty stereo or faulty speakers?

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Faulty stereo or faulty speakers?

2 of my 2 speakers dont work (drivers side)
    1 of my 2 speakers is rubbish with bass very crackly (front passenger side)

the station display on my dash sometimes goes off or still displays the radio station i had on previous

the clock sometimes goes back an hour then next time i start up it will be right

I dont want to shell out on 2 new front speakers for it to be the radio thats rubbish

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fradleyp View Post
    2 of my 2 speakers dont work (drivers side)
    1 of my 2 speakers is rubbish with bass very crackly (front passenger side)

the station display on my dash sometimes goes off or still displays the radio station i had on previous

the clock sometimes goes back an hour then next time i start up it will be right

I dont want to shell out on 2 new front speakers for it to be the radio thats rubbish
    Sounds like the stereo has had it mate to be honest although can't say 100% without seeing it. Is there any way you might be able to get your hands on a different one to see if that fixes the problem?
    Europa Blue cabriolet turbo...now with VXR turbo, collins dump valve and a large number of Courtenay hoses

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shiftydave View Post
    Sounds like the stereo has had it mate to be honest although can't say 100% without seeing it. Is there any way you might be able to get your hands on a different one to see if that fixes the problem?
    I might just buy a new head unit anyway as i want USB input and hopefully I won't need to buy a new set of speakers,

been looking at celstores and they seem to have some good deals but i can't decide which one i want. I want one that i can keep the steering wheel controls

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I might just buy a new head unit anyway as i want USB input and hopefully I won't need to buy a new set of speakers,

been looking at celstores and they seem to have some good deals but i can't decide which one i want. I want one that i can keep the steering wheel controls
    Where abouts are you based mate as they have shops in Nottingham Derby and Leicester. I have always bought my audio gear from the one in Nottingham and would highly recommend them as their customer service is excellent.
    Europa Blue cabriolet turbo...now with VXR turbo, collins dump valve and a large number of Courtenay hoses

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    One side of the speakers could be faded out? Other speaker may well be buggered though

Apart from that the display sounds buggered seeing as the times effected too
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Autosparks View Post
    One side of the speakers could be faded out? Other speaker may well be buggered though

Apart from that the display sounds buggered seeing as the times effected too
    sorry to sound daft but what do you mean by faded out? the head unit that is in now is the original

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    sorry to sound daft but what do you mean by faded out? the head unit that is in now is the original
    Fading means to change the difference in volume between the front and rear speakers. Balance adjusts the volume difference between left and right speakers.

You can adjust both of these on the original head unit and could mean that they have all been set to allow just one speaker to work

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    on the original head unit i only seem to be able to adjust the bass and adjust between front and back not left to right am i doing something wrong?

theres two buttons that pop out to adjust top one is front and back and bottom is bass or vise versa

not sure how to adjust left to right

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    Pull the volume buttom slightly to adjust the balance
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Now you're asking! I haven't used my original stereo since day 2 of owning the car 3 years ago! Do you not have the manual for it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast