Thread: Vxr fitment

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Vxr fitment

I've fitted my vxr turbo on friday night and every thing seems fine but do i need to turn down the actuator a little or is it fine where it is.
    My Zafira has EDS phase 1 if that is any help, plus wot psi should it be running

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi mate im just about to change my standard let turbo to a vxr one this week, How did you prime the turbo and was it easy to fit mate..

I think it should be holding about 12 psi on a phase 1 map do you have a ipf mate if so there is a map for the vxr turbo on phase1
    Vxr turbo with 360 bearing and twin oils seals & Evoms dv. Cdti airbox 63mm tophat.Milltex cat back and pre cat.. Regal 245 leh phase 1 ipf remap.Whiteline rarb.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    you dont need to alter actuator, vxr is set standard at 14psi, but ecu wont allow any more boost than its set for, so if 12psi,thats all it us. left my vxr set for months with no probs at all

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Left my actuator standard too.

Didn't bother to prime the turbo either,as my mate who is Vxl mechanic said cranking it over until the oil comes through is no different to starting the car & leaving it running.
    The oil will circulate very quickly.

Just be careful not to rev it for 5 mins or so.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Best way to prime it is to disconnect coil pack connector so car wont start.

Crank for a while, then connect it to start it up. Leave it to idle and allow the coolant to settle and you'll be fine.

Actuator is fine where it is, mine was left on standard map and when courtenay mapped it they didn't touch it then!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Im abit stuck with swaping the coolent lines from the let turbo to the vxr one do i need a blank plug???

Also how long did it take you guys to fit please...
    Vxr turbo with 360 bearing and twin oils seals & Evoms dv. Cdti airbox 63mm tophat.Milltex cat back and pre cat.. Regal 245 leh phase 1 ipf remap.Whiteline rarb.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhys57 View Post
    Im abit stuck with swaping the coolent lines from the let turbo to the vxr one do i need a blank plug???

Also how long did it take you guys to fit please...
    Its just a case of swapping the blank plug around, no extra blank plugs needed.

I allowed a day, taking my time. But I also had to replace a CV boot at the same time (which involved a trip to my mates place for parts) so a day is more than enough.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    took me about 5 hours as when i took the manifold off there was a snapped stud in the head so had to drill and tap it out.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by welsh-andy View Post
    you dont need to alter actuator, vxr is set standard at 14psi, but ecu wont allow any more boost than its set for, so if 12psi,thats all it us. left my vxr set for months with no probs at all

Only reason i ask is when i floor it i hear clicking noise's which sounds like a soloniod kicking in when boost comes on and i thought it might be over boosting

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete 2 View Post
    Left my actuator standard too.

Didn't bother to prime the turbo either,as my mate who is Vxl mechanic said cranking it over until the oil comes through is no different to starting the car & leaving it running.
    The oil will circulate very quickly.

Just be careful not to rev it for 5 mins or so.
    Kiss your turbo good bye. Your Vxl Mechanic mate doesn't deserve to be near vauxhalls, or any other car with a turbo.

you have to disconnect the oil feed line and pour oil into the directly onto the turbo bearing, otherwise the bearing is dry. Cranking it over, from cold, the oil is thick and heavy, and won't lubricate the turbo bearing fully, and it will cause damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiegman View Post
    You know me so well and not even dinner, a movie and some flowers Tony. What sort of man do you think I am!!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast