Thread: Leaking Washer Bottle

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Leaking Washer Bottle

Quick question really, noticed on Saturday that the reason I kept running out of washer fluid was because its bloody leaking!

Anyway, I know I'll have to get the bumper off to get at it, but what I was wanting to know is, if it's just a minor hole, can I use something or other to plug this (like silicone?) or am I best to just get a new one? The display keeps flashing "washer fluid level" and it's getting annoying now!

Thanks

Status
    HID + LED Guru
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hmm could be many problems really.

best to get the front bumper off and get it out, its a bit tricky but do-able none the less.

once you have it out, check for leaks even check the pipes coming from the tank as well some can be loose, also another good one to check would be the water pump as that can pry loose sometimes and cause leaking / loss of windscreen washer power.

If it is a small hole then a small repair will be absolutely fine as the pump does all the work and doesn't require the tank to be air tight, so as long as it holds the water then your good.

HTH

Steve
    Astra VXD
    rburgring - 10:55

Scottish Region

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks Steve, didn't really consider that the leak may be elsewhere Will take a look at it tonight, hopefully should be a simple fix.

Cheers

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i have a leak on mine too. it leaks from the passenger fog light area at the top.

I stuck my head under as far as i could to look and i noticed the pipe from the pump at the bottom wasnt connected to anything.

Dont know why, but i put my hand further up behind the bumper to reach the washer bottle and felt another pipe but thicker.

So i assumed the 2 pipes were meant to be connected. i put a clip bracket round the thicker one with the thinner pipe slipped inside to make a continuous flow.

It works now, but still a tiny leak, any ideas? is something missing or the pipe split in two?

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If its the bottle, it can be removed without removal of the bumper, although you do need to remove the upper grill. You may be able to melt the plastic together using a soldering iron to seal the leak