Thread: Pic Request - Double Din screen

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

Post Pic Request - Double Din screen

can someone put up a pic of their astra h with a double din stereo.

im looking to get possibily a kenwood 5240 to replace my avic X1 but noticed its fixed (so cant adjust the position)

wondered if this causes you a problem.

cheers

also possible suggestions would be good. what i want is dvd,cd,fm,sat nav, ipod and preouts (ideally 4v and a dedicated subout) Bluetooth isnt needed as im using my parrot mki9100 but if its built in then i might sell my parrot.

heard the new jvc n7000? was a bit crap on the sat nav side of things

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scdavis View Post
    can someone put up a pic of their astra h with a double din stereo.

im looking to get possibily a kenwood 5240 to replace my avic X1 but noticed its fixed (so cant adjust the position)

wondered if this causes you a problem.

cheers

also possible suggestions would be good. what i want is dvd,cd,fm,sat nav, ipod and preouts (ideally 4v and a dedicated subout) Bluetooth isnt needed as im using my parrot mki9100 but if its built in then i might sell my parrot.

heard the new jvc n7000? was a bit crap on the sat nav side of things

Would it pose problems well I would say yes as you cannot see the screen to well cause of the angle. JVC is fine Navi wise maybe not as simple to use as the Kenwood stuff but definately not bad.

Getting 4V or more might be a bit difficult except the Pioneer Avic HD3BT and the Kenwood 9240BT which give you 5V. Aside from these you can go Alpine and add the imprint which will give you 5V, all the others if memory serves are 2V. Which realistically are more than suffcient to drive anything you may need.

For bluetooth obviously on the kenwoods it is builf in and TBH I would rather add the Headunit specific stuff then have the stand alone parrot. After all JVC, Kenwood, Pioneer and Alpine adapters are all Parrot systems anyway. With Kenwoods stuff mostly built in as well.

For pics look at my pics here http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=112051

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    cheers for the reply.

ive had 2v subouts before and like you said it worked fine just had 2 crank up the amp a bit.

ive looked at the alpine w202r and liked it, just thought it was gonna be a bit expensive to add nav to it.

gonna have to try convince the mrs that she can use the 9240bt without any problems (didnt like the look of the bottom buttons as she's used to a rotary controller).

Looks like im gonna have to keep looking

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    cheers for the reply.

ive had 2v subouts before and like you said it worked fine just had 2 crank up the amp a bit.

ive looked at the alpine w202r and liked it, just thought it was gonna be a bit expensive to add nav to it.

gonna have to try convince the mrs that she can use the 9240bt without any problems (didnt like the look of the bottom buttons as she's used to a rotary controller).

Looks like im gonna have to keep looking
    Crank up the amp? There should be no cranking up anything.You should be setting up the levels correctly.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    it was a figure of speach.

u have to counter-act the 2v preout by turning up the gains slightly.

if in doubt ill contact my old audio seller/fitter boss who will setup the stereo again for me

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    question for ya

when u put a cd in (facia flips down) do you have any problem with the gearstick being in the way. (in 1st, 3rd or 5th) ?

if u do then it kinda rules out a 2din stereo and will have to look for another flipout

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    question for ya

when u put a cd in (facia flips down) do you have any problem with the gearstick being in the way. (in 1st, 3rd or 5th) ?

if u do then it kinda rules out a 2din stereo and will have to look for another flipout
    Nope no issue at all.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    cool ta.

looks like im gonna have keep an eye out with some stereos and weigh up if i really need nav as my choice is limited by having it and a fixed screen