Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Follow jam On Twitter

Arrow Some good work and some bad news

Well after about 2 years I have finally got round to fixing my head unit. Since I have fitted my Nokia car kit I have been without a radio as the antenna fell out of the connector as I pushed it back in. As I was doing this in a hurry (like all my mods) I never tested it before I had to drive off.

So during the week I found the removal tools for my head unit and found some spare time. So out with the head unit and wrap up the antenna so that it'll never come out again lol.

Very happy with my work I set about cleaning out the pig sty that is my car. Filled a plastic bag full of rubbish and cleared out my arm rest to find 15 pens and 1 pencil in there. Honestly theres more pens in there than there is in my desk draw at work.

My new found time to sort the car saw me check my fluid levels boy had they dropped. My coolant expansion tank was nearly empty and my oil was on the min mark. . So all topped back up again, but after only 1000 miles there has to be a bigger problem. Its also been fighting to idle correctly in the mornings so it looks as if my head gaskets going . So into Car Care Autos next week for a compression test.

Not good when my misses had her redundancy notice yesterday and I've been given 3 months warning along with all the other staff. All in all rubbish week.
    Its a jam thing

Haec credam a deo pio, a deo justo, a deo scito?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    cool on sorting the headunit mate. i need to clean my car out asap as its a tip. fingers crossed its not the head gasket! and shame on the job front!

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Follow jam On Twitter
    Cheers Mike.

We'll see what happens on the job front but I believe something will come along should it need to.

If it is the head gasket I'll get the labour for free, but may as well do a full on cambelt change, change the cam sensors and remove the knackered aircon pump and give it to my mate to see if he can fix it. He's an aircon engineer and no not the aircon engineer that can only regas a system but a full on engineer. But I'm not going to half a job that I'll need to get redone in 6-12 months time I'm going to have it fully pressure tested and make sure its 100%. It may cost me now but it'll pay off later.

jam
    Its a jam thing

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cool mate may as well get it all done, then there won't be problems later on and car will last longer Also i read your diary and was a good read so far

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Follow jam On Twitter
    Thanks mate, thats the idea keep it as good as I can and keep it running sweet for as long as possible.

Just ashame about the job position because I was hoping when it came to this stage of doing the head gasket I was hoping to do a full rebuild with some fast road cams and having the head ported but thats a pipe dream now. Oh well. Happy with my radio stations now though

jam
    Its a jam thing

Status
    The Invisible Woman
    Drives
    Zafira
    Mentioned in
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    bloomin hell on the job front, what terrible news
    Why not sign up and join us.
    Become a member today