Thread: vectra c pipe fitted...sort off

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

vectra c pipe fitted...sort off

Well I finally did as everyone else did and got a vectra c inlet pipe. I even read the tutorial... Thing is I was in a bit of a rush to get it in before work and well the adaptor pipe is now a bit rammed together, could this course a restriction because now the flexi part of the adaptor is now all pushed together and almost folding in on its self. I need to relook at it anyway but was just wondering if anyone could give me some advice. I have pushed the pipe as far over to the passenger side as possible but the adaptor is still crumpled. :/ i can't think of how to make it fit other than chopping away at it :/
    ideas anyone?
    cheers
    adam

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Mine is a bit of a squeeze mate, not sure if you need to trim it or something? Its really tight between the airbox and intake pipe.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I spent ages trying to get mine to fit on my 1.4 Astra. In the end I binned it
    because i was worried it was going to effect the hose going to the radiator.....so i want to my local plumbers and got a length of really flexable heating duct. It's fire proof and fits like a glove. Fitted in 30 sec and secured each end with an O ring clap.
    Job done!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    cheers guys makes me feel a bit better. as I say I'm going to have another look at it this afternoon if it stops raining and try stretch things out abit or trim it (: if all else fails TSM's solution seems quite good. will let ya know how it goes (Y)

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ok when you say its pushed to gether almost folding on its self is it the concertina bit of the adapter pipe that is crumpled to the maximum if so this is normall and wont effect airflow you have to remember the pipewas originaly designed for a larger car with a bit more room between the airbox and the front of the car. i myself had to force it a bit to fit heck i even cut myself doing it but it is fine thats basically what the concertina bit is there for to allow for bends and compression
    COURTNEY stage 2 135bhp proven X18XE1
    Astra G SXI, veccy c pipe, remus center section, 4" jap style exhaust. And apparently an import

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yeah it is just the concertina bit, i tried to move it today and i couldnt so it will do where it is haha. i havent brought a new panel filter yet but i took the bottom derestriction out of the airbox before spending an hour trying get the bloody thing back on the car and what a different noise the whole intake makes. i was shocked between 1500 to 2200 revs when my foot is to the floor it growls i love it, haha