Thread: After 6 years, and approx 175000 miles...

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter

After 6 years, and approx 175000 miles...

...received my first NIP through the post today.

I've been waiting for it in all honesty, although I don't beleive I was doing the 83mph it claims I was, as the speedo was showning a smidgen under 80, and 80 on my speedo shows as 75 on my sat-nav. Circumstances mean it must have been profitable day for the NSCP too, as I was in a line of cars all pootling along minding our own business, when I spied a van on the edge of a bridge over the road, only just visible. sneaky buggers. I looked down at the speedo, not thinking about it really as I wasn't gaining on the car in front, nor was the car behind gaining on me - so I guess all 10-15 of the cars in the line got caught

anyway, I'm not complaining, if I was doing 83 then I was doing 83 - just a bit disappointed as it's my first offence after 6 years doing almost 30k a year

so, my question - I have to send off my info with the NIP, what happens after that? I get the "bill" for £60 and have to send my license after I assume?
    NOW - Sapphire Black 3dr Astra G

THEN - Glacier White 2.0Di Estate - 136bhp 1.6 Pineapple Yellow Mk3 - Flame Red 2.0Di Van - Chianti Red 1.8 Coupe - Star Silver 2.2 Zafira - Flame Red 2.2 Linea Rossa Coupe - Titan Gold 1.8 Coupe

9 Years, 7 Astras, 1 Zafira, No Regrets.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    You get another nip to accept you are the driver send your licence away and cheque and job done. Let it be a lesson that speed kills and all that bollocks.

Status
    The Modfather
    Mentioned in
    65 Post(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    Add James on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by peteg2004 View Post
    ...received my first NIP through the post today.

I've been waiting for it in all honesty, although I don't beleive I was doing the 83mph it claims I was, as the speedo was showning a smidgen under 80, and 80 on my speedo shows as 75 on my sat-nav. Circumstances mean it must have been profitable day for the NSCP too, as I was in a line of cars all pootling along minding our own business, when I spied a van on the edge of a bridge over the road, only just visible. sneaky buggers. I looked down at the speedo, not thinking about it really as I wasn't gaining on the car in front, nor was the car behind gaining on me - so I guess all 10-15 of the cars in the line got caught

anyway, I'm not complaining, if I was doing 83 then I was doing 83 - just a bit disappointed as it's my first offence after 6 years doing almost 30k a year

so, my question - I have to send off my info with the NIP, what happens after that? I get the "bill" for £60 and have to send my license after I assume?

Ask to see the picture. I believe if there is another car in the picture you can fight saying it could have been them atleast i think i remember reading that some where but if your happy to pay up knowing were speeding then dont bother.
    "Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel, is only the train coming to finish you off"

The skunk is not dead, it just has a new smell!

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    You get another nip to accept you are the driver send your licence away and cheque and job done. Let it be a lesson that speed kills and all that bollocks.
    lol here endeth Brett's road safety announcement Trust me you don't need to lecture me on speed, I haven't driven "quickly" since Clare first got pregnant as it's just not worth the risk. This is just sods law to come this week, especially as I was in a long line minding my own business

Quote Originally Posted by Michelob View Post
    Ask to see the picture. I believe if there is another car in the picture you can fight saying it could have been them atleast i think i remember reading that some where but if your happy to pay up knowing were speeding then dont bother.
    I'm not going to argue or try to get out of it on a technicality, as soon as I looked down at the speedo and saw it was over 70 I thought 'fair enough' - I was just curious to know what happened next after the first NIP. am curious where 83mph came from though, as even the Scangauge on the dash said the max speed I'd travelled at was 76mph. Ah well.
    NOW - Sapphire Black 3dr Astra G

THEN - Glacier White 2.0Di Estate - 136bhp 1.6 Pineapple Yellow Mk3 - Flame Red 2.0Di Van - Chianti Red 1.8 Coupe - Star Silver 2.2 Zafira - Flame Red 2.2 Linea Rossa Coupe - Titan Gold 1.8 Coupe

9 Years, 7 Astras, 1 Zafira, No Regrets.

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ask to see when it was last calibrated, if your satnav and scan gauge say 75/76 them are more likly to be correct

Status
    Soft Top VTEC :)
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Bad luck

But GPS speed is the only TRUE way to measure speed

I'd be kicking off a fuss, asking for calibration proof and all that clonk
    FULL Black Leather Heated coupe interior for sale! £200!!!
    Click Here

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Drives
    Ford Transit Custom by day :-( Astra XP by night :-)
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Could be wrong, but i thought they had to be visable from so many yards. Did the copper have a hi-vis? was the car/van parked on the bridge or down the side etc. if no to these questions i don't think they have a case.
    Astra MK5 1.8 SRi XP

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ask to see the VIDEO of your offense. the full shift of that operator should be recorded on film,
    from what i have been told, at the start of every shift a police vehicle should travel through the camera at a certain speed and this should be recorded on the tape

you have nothing to lose by appealing.

other alternative is to say our Spanish cousin was driving the car and he has returned to Spain lol
    What is cross posting? Is it when you get angry and post it on a forum?