Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

About to buy a grille

Hey all,

Just about to purchase this:

http://www.lmfvauxhall.co.uk/store/p...at=1525&page=1

Anything else around that price mods wise you would recommend? I wanna treat my car to something, but everything I want (exhaust, splitters etc) are too expensive, and I'm already pushing my luck with Direct Line.

So far I have tinted SRs, Irmy rears and GSi dark headlights and Direct Line know nothing of this, and they aren't going to... (I can hear you thinking tut tut). I'll update them if and when I get a 'proper' mod such as an exhaust.

Cheers!
    Arden Blue Astra VXR

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Looks like I'm not getting a grille afterall. I just rang up DL to get the decisive verdict (since in the past I've been told both that I "strictly cannot mod my car", and also that aesthetic mods "are fine") and I was told that I cannot even add other vx parts to my car without voiding my policy.

Doh, I've just bought GSI dark lights also! My Irmy lights are staying on regardless, I like them too much
    Arden Blue Astra VXR

Status
    Liberated!
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    What a load of tosh that is, they aren't even perfomance mods so where's the problem? FFS!

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    This is DL policy no mods till over 25

Those these at non proformance mods, change insurance company at the next renewal to one who is more open willing insure you with to mods. e.g. Adrain Flux
    Graham
    Astra H 1.8 Sri XP sporthatch 58
    Star Silver

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gd_srixp View Post
    This is DL policy no mods till over 25

Those these at non proformance mods, change insurance company at the next renewal to one who is more open willing insure you with to mods. e.g. Adrain Flux
    Well I went with DL simply because they were a good £120 cheaper than anyone else, and to be perfectly honest, I'm not too enthusiastic with modding, I'd rather save my money for next car, which will hopefully a VXR or similar. I got these mods simply to get the car looking more sleek. To be honest, I'm likely going to fit the lights anyway. Since they're Vx lights, I could just be a dick and claim they were already on. Grille, I think would be pushing my luck as that obviously not a vx standard part (nor are the irmy lights but they look too damn good to take off ).

Next March, I'll go elsewhere. I'll try AF, but I won't hold my breath. Even with AOC discount etc they still wanted ~£550.
    Arden Blue Astra VXR

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Think you get free delivery if you buy that grill from their ebay shop? Or its on ebay for £29.99 with free delivery from someone else?