Thread: Bargain day on E-Bay again :)

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Bargain day on E-Bay again :)

Was just browsing last night looking for some spare 4 stud alloys for my daughters Corsa, went all the way through the wheel rims, wheels with tyres etc and I just searched Corsa alloys in the end. After a bit of trawling I stumbled across a sale for wheels for a Corsa SRi Turbo. Not exactly knowing what these were I looked and found they were 5 stud 17" Pentas. I didn't know any Corsas got 5 studs if I'm honest. Anyway the seller was Thorney Motorsport. A quick search to see what else they were selling turned up a full set of VXR 18" alloys painted yellow, 2 VXR 18" alloys painted yellow and 2 sets of the aforementioned Corsa Sri Turbo 17" Pentas. I set was yellow, the other still in silver. All wheels except the 2 VXR ones has tyres.

It appears they were all wheels run in the Dunlop Sport Maxx events last year and were now surplus, oh and BTW they had a brand new interior out of an Astra VXR for sale as well, all seats, doorcards and steering wheel as well. It went for £560 IIRC.

I decided to bid on both sets of the Corsa wheels as I really do like the Penta design and have the 18" Pentsa fitted now but have just had a set of 5 SE2 alloys refurbed and reshod recently, these will be going on the car soon.

At 8.30 this morning I'd won all 8 alloys, 4 yellow and 4 silver for the total price of £231. I'll have the yellows refurbed in Shadow Titanium like my present Pentas and use one or maybe 2 of the silvers as spares, they'll be refurbed as well at the same time. That leaves possibly 2 or 3 17" Pentas to dispose of or just store as just in case wheels. Depending on how they turn out I may stick with the Pentas and sell the SE2 alloys.

Running down to Thorney Motorsports on Thursday to pick them up.

BTW the VXR wheels went for £260 IIRC and the 2 scuffed VXR wheels went for £51. All wheels had Dunlop Sport Maxx tyres fitted, 215/40x17s on the Corsas, they all still have a fair amount of tread left looking at the pics.
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Wow, bargains! pics needed though

Vectra SRi 1.9 CDTi (150).
    Tinted Windows, Richbrook Gear Knob & Tax Disc Holder.
    Flip down sunglasses Holder.
    6000K HID's, Chilled Glovebox, CD70 Navi, Debadged, Samco Hoses.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i was lookin at these and really tempted to bid on them, but after various emails to them asking what condition the wheels were in, i had no answer so left them!

but...if you do sell those luscious SE2's, i would love to be first to know
    Silver SRI-Prodrive'd & BBS'd MoFo! - SOLD
    Currently rolling a 1.7cdti MK5 Estate-turbo poooower!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The SE2s look fantastic now the tyres are on. The choice of 215/45 instead of the more usual 215/40s was much better IMO. The tyre size looks perfect for the rim, I've also done my usual tyre wall painting of the markings which TBH has transformed the wheels. The Toyo Proxes get rather large letters and this looks great done in silver to match the car.

Just run out and took a pic to show what I mean.

My spare rear beam is in the pic as well this will be powder coated gloss or Satin Black in a few weeks.
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    They look lush....

Vectra SRi 1.9 CDTi (150).
    Tinted Windows, Richbrook Gear Knob & Tax Disc Holder.
    Flip down sunglasses Holder.
    6000K HID's, Chilled Glovebox, CD70 Navi, Debadged, Samco Hoses.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'll take my camera along on Thursday just in case. I was a little wary of the condition but I reasoned that a firm like Thorneys would just throw a wheel way rather than run with it buckled or flat spotted. I have a few spare anyway in case they are unrepairable.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Pmsl @ the White detailing. It looks horrendous IMO.Fair play on the auction result though.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BYRON View Post
    Pmsl @ the White detailing. It looks horrendous IMO.Fair play on the auction result though.
    It's silver not white Bryon and each to their own I suppose. I like it, it makes the tyre stand out and looks nice when the cars in motion. I suppose it's just something I grew up with.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    bargains indeed, if they were closer i would have bid on the wheels
    What is cross posting? Is it when you get angry and post it on a forum?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    why advertise you've got shite tyres and couldn't afford decent ones??
    Vauxhall history - 13S | 14NV | C16XE | X20XEV

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast