Elooo! Story is ive had a 07 plate astra sri 1.6t since November 2008. Ive had the following faults with it since:
I put in a formal complaint a couple of weeks ago listing all this, it took vauxhall 3 weeks to contact me but it was my local dealer and the dealer i bought the car off. that rang me up sayin the letter had been forwarded to him and what did i want him to do about it. I replied saying well im fed up with this car, it keeps breaking etc and basically I want to be compensated for it as its just got beyond a joke and im depressed with spending so much on something so unreliable, and i would like the warranty to be extended as it has less than a year left and at this rate its looking like its going to cost me a lot once its run out. He said he would sort any problems I had with the car, eg scratches but it would be vauxhall who i would have to talk to about compensation and warranty.
- On buying the car I was told it would be fully serviced, when I picked the car up service book wasnt stamped so went back asked if it had been serviced and they didnt have a clue if it had or not so just 'stamped my book to make me happy' so im guessing it wasnt...
- Something to do with the turbo went, replaced, 3 days in garage.
- XP kit rear bumper was coming off, refitted, 3 days in garage.
- Management light came on, was in for a week, they didnt tell me what was wrong but it was sorted when i got it back.
- Gearbox, clutch and flywheel went in one go, 3 and a half WEEKS in the garage.
- XP side skirts coming off, refitted, 2 days in garage.
- Something with gearbox went again, leaving me with only 3rd and 4th gear (30 miles from dealer), when I rang local garage they refused to come and pick it up so I had to roast the clutch all the way to the garage, was in for a week.
- Pretty sure the car was scratched whilst in garage and garage deny it, giveaway was the ring marks under the drivers door handle and i dont wear a ring but they still deny it.
- Im rarely offered a courtesy car, i have to demand one.
- Missed in total 4 days holiday from work and 5 days which i otherwise would have worked overtime (worth about £125 each to me)
Rang them today, firstly they deny even getting the letter, which is impossible as it must have been logged before it was sent to my local dealer (he told me it was a photocopy he had recieved so the original must be somewhere), i explained what the complain was and his reply (he must have said this 20 times whilst i was telling him about the faults)
''i am sorry mr fearn that we have not met your expectations but vauxhall will not give you any compensation''
The only thing he would do is ensure that next time the car went wrong it would be fixed.... Isnt this what vauxhall dealers tend to do when your car goes wrong?
Sorry if i have ranted on a bit, im just incredibly pissed off with this car, im sure its within my right to waltz in and demand a full refund or a replacement car after so many faults, im not going to attempt this but i would like the warranty extending giving me peice of mind and maybe someting to cover the holdiays they have caused me to waste and overtime missed and inconvenience etc...
Has anyone ever got anywhere complaining to vauxhall??
Cheers in advance!