Thread: Do complaints get anywhere?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Do complaints get anywhere?

Elooo! Story is ive had a 07 plate astra sri 1.6t since November 2008. Ive had the following faults with it since:
    • On buying the car I was told it would be fully serviced, when I picked the car up service book wasnt stamped so went back asked if it had been serviced and they didnt have a clue if it had or not so just 'stamped my book to make me happy' so im guessing it wasnt...
    • Something to do with the turbo went, replaced, 3 days in garage.
    • XP kit rear bumper was coming off, refitted, 3 days in garage.
    • Management light came on, was in for a week, they didnt tell me what was wrong but it was sorted when i got it back.
    • Gearbox, clutch and flywheel went in one go, 3 and a half WEEKS in the garage.
    • XP side skirts coming off, refitted, 2 days in garage.
    • Something with gearbox went again, leaving me with only 3rd and 4th gear (30 miles from dealer), when I rang local garage they refused to come and pick it up so I had to roast the clutch all the way to the garage, was in for a week.
    • Pretty sure the car was scratched whilst in garage and garage deny it, giveaway was the ring marks under the drivers door handle and i dont wear a ring but they still deny it.
    • Im rarely offered a courtesy car, i have to demand one.
    • Missed in total 4 days holiday from work and 5 days which i otherwise would have worked overtime (worth about £125 each to me)
    I put in a formal complaint a couple of weeks ago listing all this, it took vauxhall 3 weeks to contact me but it was my local dealer and the dealer i bought the car off. that rang me up sayin the letter had been forwarded to him and what did i want him to do about it. I replied saying well im fed up with this car, it keeps breaking etc and basically I want to be compensated for it as its just got beyond a joke and im depressed with spending so much on something so unreliable, and i would like the warranty to be extended as it has less than a year left and at this rate its looking like its going to cost me a lot once its run out. He said he would sort any problems I had with the car, eg scratches but it would be vauxhall who i would have to talk to about compensation and warranty.

Rang them today, firstly they deny even getting the letter, which is impossible as it must have been logged before it was sent to my local dealer (he told me it was a photocopy he had recieved so the original must be somewhere), i explained what the complain was and his reply (he must have said this 20 times whilst i was telling him about the faults)

''i am sorry mr fearn that we have not met your expectations but vauxhall will not give you any compensation''

The only thing he would do is ensure that next time the car went wrong it would be fixed.... Isnt this what vauxhall dealers tend to do when your car goes wrong?

Sorry if i have ranted on a bit, im just incredibly pissed off with this car, im sure its within my right to waltz in and demand a full refund or a replacement car after so many faults, im not going to attempt this but i would like the warranty extending giving me peice of mind and maybe someting to cover the holdiays they have caused me to waste and overtime missed and inconvenience etc...

Has anyone ever got anywhere complaining to vauxhall??

Cheers in advance!
    Driving Audi TT 225 Q

Status
    Mentioned in
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Aint read all of that, but if I was you just sell the car lol..... just seams like one of them cars with problem after problem.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If the car is financed under a HP agreement and is unreliable then get the finance company involved.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I complained to them at the start of this year due to a reoccuring fault on mine. Same fault each time and 4 trips to my local dealer later still not sorted. So I phoned Vauxhall's customer care line but didn't get anywhere. It wasn't until I took it to the dealer where the GF know's one of the mechanics, I spoke with the warranty bloke and he managed to get the problem fixed under the warranty and was a really nice bloke. On top of that he complained himself to Vauxhall and they were then getting back some of the money they paid to the first dealer. It took the dealer to complain to them to get anywhere. I guess it depends which dealer you use, I have 2 near me, 1 really good and helpful, the other a bunch of t*****s.
    08 Black Sapphire SXI 1.9CDTi 5 dr

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    When I bought my astra I have some issues too and they refused to take any actions as it was "not covered by the warrenty", I wrote a letter to vauxhall and sent a copy to the warrenty people (AA) saying that my father worked for a well know newspaper and if they refused to help he would write and artical about it and will need comments from both parties.

Got a response and probelms fixed within two weeks.
    Almost Always Eventually Right

Status
    Cumbria RO | Club Team
    Mentioned in
    48 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Might be worth a call to Trading Standards for advice, and also the finance company too - if it is on finance then the finance company are responsible for the car. When I got mine new, and had issues when still paying for it, then the finance company would have been liable (ironically Vauxhall Finance!) for any repairs even if Vauxhall refused to pay up.

I had some rubbish spouted to me by the original dealer which Vauxhall Customer Service said was not true (e.g. Vauxhall will not fix the same fault if it happens more than twice!). Trading Standards are excellent people.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cheers for all your replys, yes it is under finance thats the problem as ill have it for at least another 2 years...

Think Ill try my finance company next them and tell them what has happened if i dont get a satisfactory response this week.

Thanks again!
    Driving Audi TT 225 Q

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Get the finance company involved. ATEOD they legally own the car until the finance is repaid so Id be getting in touch with them.

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    try getting a quote for all repairs from a different dealer and take them through the small claims court, see if they jump then

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dieselmonster View Post
    try getting a quote for all repairs from a different dealer and take them through the small claims court, see if they jump then
    No its been repaired under warranty, the garages have done their job thats fine apart from not giving me courtesy cars.

Its the car going wrong on such a frequent basis that im not happy with, becuase Im stuck in a finance deal ive got the car for at least 2 years, ive only got warranty for 1 so im scared that 2nd year its going to carry on and cost me an arm and a leg, thats why i mentioned the extended warranty which they say 'vauxhall dont do that' even though i have heard of other people recieving it. Im also pissed off at the amount of time i have had without a car causing me to miss work, a family holiday to anglesea, just general inconvenience etc...
    Driving Audi TT 225 Q

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast