Thread: Goodyear Eagle Tyres

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Goodyear Eagle Tyres

Just curious really. I had a set of 4 of these put on my coupe a couple of weeks ago,so they are nicely bedded in. However i find the overall grip levels dont appear to be a great as the Falkens 452's (or something like that) that i had on before them. Just wondered what other peoples thoughts were on these really. Feel free to comment

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    F1 GSD3's?? I think they are excellent tyres. Currently on my 3rd pair on the Astra. Good grip wet and dry. Last well - about 15K miles on the front. The only negative thing to say about them is the excessive road noise.

The problem they have now is the GSD3 is being phased out and the new F1 assymetric is the primary tyre. The GSD3's are still being made but the majority of them in china and i've heard the chinese made ones aint so good. Mine have always been the german made ones.

I've also used Pirelli PZero Neros and Toyo Proxes T1R's on my Astra. The Toyo was the worse tyre by a considerable margin. Couldn't wait to get them off my car.
    Vauxhall history - 13S | 14NV | C16XE | X20XEV

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah they are the GSD3's,il have a look and see where they are made. I actually think they are quieter than the Falkens i had before. I just find the TC light comes on more when im throwing it around,where the Falkens gripped more. Iv heard about the T1R's,and wanted a tyre that's last more than 5 mins! Il see how they go,but iv probably done nearly 700 miles on them already,so thought they would be worn in by now. I also find the rear is more mobile than it ever was before.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    have you checked the pressures since they've been fitted? Some tyre fitters just stick any random amount of air in.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well iv had a look and they have MADE IN GERMANY on the sidewall. The guy that fitted them said he put 35 psi in all round. These are 215-40-17's. What pressure do you run in your's?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    F - 35
    R - 33

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ok,il have a look tomorrow on my way to work,and see what they actually are. My girlfriend has had her Swift Sport for 6 months,and her tyres still have the tiny rubber fibres on the outer edges of the tyres,iv had these tyres 3 weeks,and mine are all gone!!! OOPPS

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i run mine on F-32 R-30 but i always work some heat in them before trashing, don't aspect ultimate performance from a cold tyre ,they hold heat better when clp of psi down , on my 3rd set now, eagle f1 its been outstanding for me both wet/dry and track days to
    x18xe1 152bhp-136lbft