Thread: Turbo pipes and Engine Mounts

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Turbo pipes and Engine Mounts

Hi, i've just had my car in for a new fitted VXR turbo. While in the garage they have said my turbo oil pipes are slightly perished and one of my engine mounts has gone. Questions are:-

1. Can i get some good quality turbo oil feed pipes (Samco, Roose etc), where from and how much?
    2. Do Powerflex do engine mounts for a mk4 GSI and if so, where can i get them and how much? I got quoted £54 for a Vauxhall standard mount!

Cheers!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Regal 3.5+ 325map
    2003 Astra Turbo

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    as above matey - keep ur original mount - ok it may not be as good as it should be but u then fit the 2 part powerflex one either side of ur original bush and it fills the spaces left in the original mount.

bloody good thing and takes 5mins to fit.... just use a ring spanner on the torx bolts unless u have access to a torx ring spanner - not enough space for a socket. ... ive fitted 3 of these and always just used ring spanners - foot may be needed to gently apply pressure to crack the bolt initially.

you could always buy a new bush then fit the powerflex inserts BUT you will probably struggle to find the correct shaped F23 bush as the powerflex only fits the original GM ones fitted as standard.... a lot of the bushes supplied by dealers now are a different design and although they fit the engine and subframe ok they will not allow a powerflex mount to be fitted...... therefore id suggest just the powerflex mount first of all then seeing how things go

LMF, ebay etc all sell these items

youll have to find out which pipes exactly are perished ie feed or return etc

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    oil pipes feed and return are only avalible from vx. there is an updated oil return pipe now from vx due to the old ones cracking

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cheers for the replies. Is that mount in the link the one i need then? If it is i'll get that instead of a whole replacement.

I found out the pipes that were perished are the coolant hoses and the front breather pipe (i think its called this!) from the top of the engine head to the manifold. So anyone got any they are selling or know of some going for a good price?!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 881thomas View Post
    oil pipes feed and return are only avalible from vx. there is an updated oil return pipe now from vx due to the old ones cracking
    doh, wish i knew that! I just ordered the earlier one from EPC lol

still does the job tho

anyway hijack over!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Is this the right engine mount for my GSI?

http://www.lmfvauxhall.co.uk/store/p...5&cat=0&page=1