My Dec 2003 Astra 1.8 SRi is driving me crazy with intermittent and spurious alarm problems (sometimes just flashing indicators, sometimes the full works - alarm plus lights). A garage diagnostic check didn't find any traceable faults. I've switched off ultrasonics before locking to eliminate this part of alarm as cause of problem, and also checked main battery voltage this morning at 12.43 volts (e.g. approx. 75% charge) so this shouldn't be the problem either. I have noted previous forum advice suggesting the powersounder as likely problem.
I have a specific question - DOES ANYONE KNOW WHETHER OR NOT THE POWERSOUNDER BATTERY IS ALWAYS BEING CHARGED UP BY THE MAIN CAR BATTERY, EVEN WHEN THE VEHICLE IS PARKED AND LOCKED. The reason I ask is that previously the car was driven every couple of days or so and there were no alarm problems. Now the car usually stands for between 10 and 14 days between each single journey of typically 10 and 30 miles. So I have a theory the problem may be the powersounder battery is not holding it's charge, and discharges to a critically low voltage over the couple of weeks between journeys causing the spurious alarm. If the powersounder battery is only topped up when the ignition is on and car is running, this could be the reason for my new problem. HOWEVER IF THE POWERSOUNDER IS ALWAYS BEING TOPPED UP FROM MAIN BATTERY WHETHER ENGINE IS RUNNING OR NOT, MY IDEA IS WRONG!

SO DOES ANYONE KNOW FOR SURE HOW THE POWERSOUNDER BATTERY IS POWERED, OR ANY OTHER THOUGHTS ON CAUSE OF MY PROBLEM?