Thread: Soz to be an arse, but - DIY painted calipers up close (i.e. wheel off) shots

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

Soz to be an arse, but - DIY painted calipers up close (i.e. wheel off) shots

Annoying request i know, but i've had a search & can find plenty of painted calipers with the wheel on.
    Some of you will know me enough by now to know i'll end up painting something i shouldn't it i don't have a look at a DIY job 1st . I think i remember reading a thread where a lad painted everything in sight & was told that's bad news ... IIRC. Probably something i'd have ended up doing lol.

Have the paint & the brush in. As the heavens have just opened, i now have plenty of waiting time. Would just like a look to double-check if you will, before i start the job.

Cheers

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    scratch the request & ignore I've finally found what i was looking for

some rears

and some fronts:

now all i need is for it to stop absolutely lashing it down

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just dont paint anything that looks like it will move etc, although doubt it will be all that important anyway as once you brake it will just break off anyway, also if you get it on the disc that will just come off after braking a few times, you cant really go wrong, just use some common sense.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    I got the fronts done no problem. Ok i didn't do the best of jobs as you can tell it's painted if you look close enough, but they're ok i guess.

Plan on doing the rears today. Only thing is, i looked in the Haynes on jacking & axle stands. It mentions the groove in the cill. Obviously, you can't put the axle stands there when the jack is there.

So on i come to AOC & search the axle stand threads & surprisingly there's a few others who didn't know either, but mainly with the fronts.
    The pic of the rears above doesn't show them being used. The threads i searched at times had conflicting stories.

I'm thinking once jacked up on that groove, the axle stand should either be placed next to it (either rear wheel side of the jack point or front car side of the jack point):

or here where i ?'d it

I'm just glad i'm not theonly one who's asked this Q Although that doesn't make it any less embarrassing . I asked the brother who's a trainee mechanic & he kindly talked about a load of tools that i don't have access to

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Jack the car up as normal and put the axle stand under the rear axle

White is the new Black

FARMYARD TUNING

LEH IS THE FUTURE