Thread: Rear disc calliper banjo bolt size

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Rear disc calliper banjo bolt size

Hi. Could someone tell me the size of the rear calliper banjo bolt on astra mk4 with rear discs please?
    i bought a set of goodridge 6 braided hose kit and it didn't come with new banjo bolts. i didn't have the bolts when i bought the callipers so i haven't got a clue what size to look for.
    Thanks in advance.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just found THESE on ebay but im still not sure. i found a bolt that fits the calliper and i can fit the threads inside a 10mm ring spanner with a tiny bit of play.

ALSO AVAILABLE IN m10x1, m10x1.25, 3/8UNF and 7/16x24, Threads

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It's not the size so much as the thread pitch. I bought a set of braided lines off Courteney for the VXR. The VXR rear calipers BTW are the same as the Mk4s, banjo size that is. When I went to fit the new Banjo bolts supplied in the kit I found that although the size was correct the thread pitch was too fine. The Astra uses a quite coarse thread pitch, if I remember later I'll check what it is and let you know, I'd say 10x1.25 is about right to my trained eye but I'll confirm later.
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I bought 2 new banjo bolts from lmf now costing £7.42 inc delivery. i have now found out that the rear banjo bolts are the same part number as the fronts so i could have picked up 2 front bolts from a breakers.
    Thanks anyway Oddjob.