Thread: More spending to come - But then that's it!!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

More spending to come - But then that's it!!

Just booked my car in at Courtenay to fix a few problems that the car has been having. After my recent visit to Courtenay for CS4 I discovered just how bad my Powerflow exhaust system was. Paid for a 2.5" system but what I got was a complete shambles. 2.5" from cat to centre silencer, then reduces to around 2.25" then reduces again to 1.8" where it bends around the fuel tank, SO TIP OF THE DAY: IF YOU WANT POWER, DON'T BUY A POWERFLOW EXHAUST!! Needless to say Courtenay said there was a massive restriction in the exhaust which meant that optimum power could no where near be achieved.

Also on way home from having CS4 found the car was dreadful to drive between 2-3k rpm. Feels like it's struggling to boost then you get the dreaded fluttering noise! I know that its probably a split hose, or a hose come off but my jack wouldn't lift the car high enough for me to see under the car. So that's another thing for them to take a look at.

So booked in on 31 July for Milltek exhaust, boost problem sorted and then another rolling road set up where it should make a hell of a lot more power. I was told it was boosting to 23psi then holding at 16psi. I think it should be holding more than that so may ask if they can try to sort that, any ideas there?

Fingers crossed my car should be running well in a few weeks and I may finally be happy with it after all the thousands I've spent on it!
    - 2004 Vauxhall Zafira GSi - Silver, work in progress..
    - 2003 BMW 325ti M Sport - Silver, 18" CSL wheels in matt anthracite, Eibachs, Full red leather

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    good luck m8 i was gonna get a powerflow but didnt m8 in the end i managed to get a new exhuast off a menber of here for the grand sum of £40 cat back and dont have an rescritions?!
    Back in an astra and loving it

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Good luck with the visit, hope you get all your problems sorted. Power does sound down a little, I think on the phase one high torque map I was getting overboost at about 21, and steady boost at 16, but I think my actuator was setup wrong as these were a little high .....