Thread: Balls

Status
    Soft Top VTEC :)
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Unhappy Balls

As some of you know, I've recently been following in the footsteps of SteveC with the mantzel style inlet manifold

Unfortunately, The manifold mod has really gone tits up, big style

So it's all had to come off...

To say I am gutted is an understatement... was really looking forward to this and all...

Reason being why it's come off, is that my fuel system doesn't have a fuel pressure regulation valve on the fuel rail like the X series engines, it has one built into the tank, so there is no chance of this manifold going on other than with a different fuel pump and that's just going to cost far too much time, effort and money...

So if anyone wants to buy the powerbox and lower manifold and the throttle body adaptor tube give me a pm, just to clarify this will NOT fit Z series engines including Z14XE and Z16XE or the XEP's, without major fuel system alteration, it will fit engines like the X14XE, X16XEL providing they have the fuel pressure regulation valve on the right hand side of the inlet manifold.

Also have to say a massive thank you to Turboshed on here, helping me out til about mid night last night, much appreciated mate
    FULL Black Leather Heated coupe interior for sale! £200!!!
    Click Here

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Shame mate. What you gonna do now?

Status
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeMant View Post
    Shame mate. What you gonna do now?
    Honestly I am not too sure...

When or if this manifold is sold, I'll more than likely be saving the money for something else for the time being, possibly get my wheel arches and rear bumper all sorted
    Click Here

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Simple enough to work around, remove the pressure regulator from the pump inside the tank, run a turbo fuel line setup from the tank up to the front to add fuel return line...

Easy enough?

Worst bit is opening the tank and getting gased to death.

Status
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dano2k0 View Post
    Simple enough to work around, remove the pressure regulator from the pump inside the tank, run a turbo fuel line setup from the tank up to the front to add fuel return line...

Easy enough?

Worst bit is opening the tank and getting gased to death.
    All a sealed unit mate, I'd need a fuel pump from an X14XE engine, the FPR is inside the fuel pump itself
    Click Here

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You sure about that mate? i always thought the Z series up to Z18XE used the same fuel pump, in which case you can disconnect the fuel pressure regulator.

Infact i still have my old Z18XE fuel pump somewhere, can't remember exactlly what the pressure reg is like now but i'm sure its on the side of the pump / in the tank somewhere on the fuel return line and can easily be disconnected.

Status
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dano2k0 View Post
    You sure about that mate? i always thought the Z series up to Z18XE used the same fuel pump, in which case you can disconnect the fuel pressure regulator.

Infact i still have my old Z18XE fuel pump somewhere, can't remember exactlly what the pressure reg is like now but i'm sure its on the side of the pump / in the tank somewhere on the fuel return line and can easily be disconnected.
    Pretty sure mate

I honestly can't think of any other way around it, other than change the entire fuel system, and also now thinking about it, I don't think there is the physical space around the fuel rail for the FPR
    Click Here

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Here you go mate.

If its not big enough try a direct link to it and zoom in.

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...ressurereg.jpg

I thought i remembered it correctly, fuel pressure reg is easy to disconnect.

All you'd need then is to install the fuel lines from a model that has standard fuel return (x series engines i think, other than the couple listed above.) also Z20LET etc will use correct setup you need.

Pressure regs tend to be pretty tiny, so should be able to fit it somewhere around the rail mate, if not fit it close to, just so long as its in line near by, and has fuel feed / return lines all should be good.

Pretty easy job disconnecting pressure reg and fitting those fuel lines, just get them from tank lid to the front, you'll be able to leave the fuel feed, and tank breather lines already, just replace the bit around the fuel filter to the top of the tank. Oh also, you'll have to clip the fuel return line up under your car, but the clips should already be there for that line

Status
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks for the suggestion pal, but in all honesty it's far too much work for what gain I am going to be getting, plus I've just had enough of the thing
    Click Here

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    why not get a fpr from an old Cavalier MK2 and put it on the return to tank hose, they had pipe connectors on each side so that will reduce the pressure at the manifold, VX used them in lots of cars, Astra MK1 & 2, Cavalier MK2, Senator, Royale, Carlton etc
    Be Happy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast