Thread: Remap or bluefin?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Remap or bluefin?

Elo! Just wonderin if anyone has had any experience with a bluefin or remap and which I should go for?

One of my mates with a VXR has just got a bluefin and says his astra is now the absolute badgers nadgers, he says hes never driven anythin as quick and the difference is amazing.

Ive got the 1.6t sporthatch and before the bluefin there wasnt really much in it between mine and his VXR driving around public roads, and I was planning on getting a remap for it by courteney or someone but now am maybe thinking of this bluefin.

I dont even know what it is to be honest, just a small tool you buy, plug in and do yourself so he has said? How much are they? And should I get one over getting someone to map it? Are they hard to use?

Cheers!
    Driving Audi TT 225 Q

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    a blue fin is like your own device that you plug in your car its gets your ecu info then plug it into the pc download to the internet pick the map you want and plug it back in the car and it flashs the map on to it, there is also the regal ipf that dose the same thing! just gives you the flexiablity of changing/upgrading the map at any time!
    Nürburgring BTG 9:52
    Roll on october trip

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sounds like the way to go, anyone know what about warranty with Vauxhall though? Mines still got a year warranty on it and I dont want to void it, other tuners have said they map it with non detectable software, same codes etc so vauxhall cant tell...
    Driving Audi TT 225 Q

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nickfearn View Post
    Sounds like the way to go, anyone know what about warranty with Vauxhall though? Mines still got a year warranty on it and I dont want to void it, other tuners have said they map it with non detectable software, same codes etc so vauxhall cant tell...
    if you get the blue fin through thorney motorsport, they will come to your vauxhall dealer and do it and you maintain your full warrenty!
    Nürburgring BTG 9:52
    Roll on october trip

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thats kinky, definitely the way to do it then! They dont charge an arm and a leg for coming to your VX stealer do they...?!?!
    Driving Audi TT 225 Q