Thread: SXi Spoiler, Which One?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

SXi Spoiler, Which One?

Hello everyone, new to the forum! Hopefully gonna be keeping myself on here regularly now, if the sale goes well tomorrow.

Im going to look at a 1.6 16v SXI Astra G tomorrow. Its a 51 plate and does not come with the SXi spoiler as the model did nearer the end of production and as the SRI does. I have found these spoilers on LMF but there are 2. Theres an irmscher one for 262.49 or an identical one, but not irmscher for 106.89. Is there any noticeable difference between the two when on the car? Obviously I dont want to over pay if there the same!

Got to keep mods to a minimum as its my first year of driving.

Thanks

Aaron

Status
    Cumbria RO | Club Team
    Mentioned in
    48 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Thought the spoiler was always optional...

Personally I think it looks good without a spoiler...not that you'll notice, but it'll slow it down by fitting one too

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i think the spoiler sets it off, i will have my irmscher spoiler for sale as soon as i find myself a gsi spoiler

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ok, the cars silver so it would be even better if yours was. Let me know though, if not il order one from LMF or go down to a scrappy maybe. I like it more with the spoiler, simple mod but makes a hell of a difference.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    mine is polar sea blue mate, im not too sure how long its gunna be til i find myself a gsi spoiler so dont hang around for me mate, but if your still looking for one when i do get hold of the gsi one, ill let you know matey

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i also think the mk4 looks a lot beter with a spoiler, my opinion, the gsi spoiler looks the best by a mile, hopefully ill have one fitted soon aswell

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah the GSi one is nice, but i need to keep mine standard for insurance purposes. I have found the 2 different ones on LMF and cant really understand the difference, just a huge price difference. It doesnt bother me if its not Irmscher. I have seen a few floating around the For Sale section for about £40-£50.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    the irmscher version is by far superior to the copies. Ive owned both and the irmscher one is heavier and a more solid build. Either ways I recommend to uprate the struts though as the extra weight bogs down the bonnet. I was lucky and went to scrappies - irmscher spoiler £50 then went back that day to get struts.
    daBLUONE >
    ASTRA SXI > TWINPORT > ULTRA BLUE > 3 DOOR