Thread: i phone or blackberry

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i phone or blackberry

my contract with orange is up for renewal and im trying to decide wat phone to go for next, ive told orange that i was planning to leave them (which i am due to poor signal in my house), they offered me a good deal on a blackberry pearl 800 mins unlim texts, unlim internet and emails, £24.00 a month!
    this is pretty damn cheap in my eyes as i was paying £35 for 600 mins and unlim texts with a nokia 6500 clasic!

another choice is the i phone 3g with 02, look really cool and good fun but i hav never used one, are they easy to use?

failing that does anyone have any recomendations as im not the best with phones!

Mike

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Blackberry is a good phone for business and iphone for many uses aswell as in general, especially with the new software out now. I have an iphone 3g on 02 and its great. what a few people were doing is having the blackberry for functions that iphone never had i.e video camera, forward messages,real time e-mails, bluetooth pics etc to other phones etc etc where as the iphone is so useful because of all the different Applications it has alongside a few other things. But like i said the new software (as of today) is great, forward messages, contacts, video phone and many more.

i love the iphone, great piece of technology.
    My last username was ElTelcoupeT....Im now TelTel & Detailing is my game!!.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    so can you download all the newer aplications on your 3g like video etc? i wont be doing to much video dowloading etc so would a 8gb one be suficent or is a 16gb a must?

thanks for the help

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    25 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Follow Glacious On Twitter Add Glacious on Facebook
    I personally have had a Blackberry bold for last 5-6 months, I was considering the Iphone but as I am abit heavy handed and drop my fone from time to time an iphone looked abit weak, also I do alot of texting and emailed and i could never get used to a touch screen keypad, the bold has a full qwerty keyboard.

For me I love the Blackberry sit on msn all day on it as well as facebook have 3 different email accounts setup on it all emails come straight through to be honest I go how problems with it what so eva. Never tried the Iphone so cant comment on that :P

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Follow MarkG On Twitter
    i must be the lucky one to have both then? both voice activated, is a joy!

iphone - is my personal mobile phone. had it now since end of february, and am on my 2nd handset now. the first one lost all signal altogether. 1 trip to genius bar in apple shop in lakeside, and 5 minutes later, i have myself a brand new iphone in my hands! they are excellent for apps, useful apps at that. traffic ones are useful if you do a lot of travelling. also, many other useful ones, like "take me to my car" for those who forget where they have parked, spirit level is also very useful. ipod function is excellent, especially the fact i have an hours commute each way to work, it eliminates the need to carry an ipod and mobile on you. other than that, good phone. haven't got the updated software yet, and won't til next weekend when i can get to the g.f's to hook the laptop up to the internet.

blackberry - have got a blackberry bold (9000). is a good phone, excellent and easy for emailing and texting, far easier than the iphone. seeing as my iphone does pretty much everything, i only use the blackberry to keep ontop of work stuff when out of the office. i can get access to my work emails immediately as soon as they arrive in my inbox, calendar synchronises with outlook calendar within seconds. all contacts in outlook are also synced immediately with outlook. to me, the perfect phone for business/work use.

hope this isn't too much of a bombardment of information, just airing my views/opinions on what i think of each phone.

hth !
    Astra sold ... replaced with a Skoda ... soon to be replaced with another Vauxhall

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    cheers mgodden thats a handy breakdown of both and some good info, its helped alot

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Follow MarkG On Twitter
    please, don't be put off by the issues with the iphone, they are great phones!
    Astra sold ... replaced with a Skoda ... soon to be replaced with another Vauxhall

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just to add, the iphone can sync with work / exchange server accounts.

And my iphone's gone bouncing down the tarmac plenty of times and still works fine!! :-)

And the v3.0 of the software's rather good as well. But i'd wait until after friday and get the iphone 3GS which has more features! (voice control, video, compass, plus other stuff!)
    1.9 cdti (120) black ASH
    Wanted: Black VXR Grille!!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thanks glacious, ive been having a go of my mates blackberry pearl, seems like a good solid phone with alot of aplications! im not really much of a emailer to be honest so i wouldnt find much use for that, but it does seem like a good easy phone to use!

i think im swaying more towards the i phone, i dont need the phone for work purposes at all really so i think for fun and aplications the i phone might be my best bet!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Follow MarkG On Twitter
    based on what you've said about not needing it for work purposes, then my personal opinion and recommendation would be the iphone then.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast