AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Help Needed ASAP

Hi

Im after a bit of advice really.

I took my astra to greenhouse vauxhall a few weeks ago to have some warranty work done which was to replace the rear bushes, this was done.

A few days later i got a phone call from greenhouse asking for a copy of my V5 document as Vauxhall were saying they had no car registered nder my plate and needed this document for proof, i supplied them with this.

This morning ive had a phone call from greenhouse again saying my car is an Opel and has been imported and they cannot do the warranty work and there is £100 outstanding to be paid, i told them as far as im concerned i bought my car as a Vauxhall, it has Vauxhall badges, Vauxhall service book, and Vauxhall on my V5. Im going to citizens advice at lunch to see where i stand.

I told them i had warranty work done on it last year and it had no problems and he said Opel provide 2 years Warranty and not 3 this is why they cant do the work.

Could anyone tell me where i stand?

Thanks, Sarah

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Where did you but it from? Carland in cannock at a guess?

White is the new Black

FARMYARD TUNING

LEH IS THE FUTURE

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    No i bought it from a garage called Assured Automotive in Doncaster.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Follow jam On Twitter
    Citizens advice will be able to help you out. My guess is that some jobsworth has found the black sticker on the drivers door shut that has the Opel emblem on it and immediatly reported it to his manager as an Opel rebadged. Well guess what all hatchbacks start life as Opels and get rebranded. My door shut also has the Opel Blitz on it. I think you should go into the dealership and ask them how they found out it was an Opel and not a Vauxhall.

If it turns out to be true and indeed your car has been imported then the citizens advice may be able to help you deal with whomever sold you the car as it was missold which is illegal as far as I'm aware. But I do believe theres a time restriction on how many years after purchasing the item you can do them but this I'm not sure.

Good luck Sarah keep us informed.
    Its a jam thing

Haec credam a deo pio, a deo justo, a deo scito?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    According my friend who is a mechanic at Arnold Clark, if it is indeed an import (I am told that some large car supermarkets import right-hookers from Cyprus) then when the reg.no is typed into the parts computer, nothing will come up as it only lists parts for UK cars.

I could be wrong, but it would be a good test to do at another garage just to check?

I have to agree with Jam though, my Coupe has 'Adam Opel' AG in several places throught the inner structure.
    I>< Silver Coupe ><I

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry i didnt mention that they have rang me about 3 weeks after the work had been done.

They are trying to claim back the work from Vauxhall UK as there Greenhous and there saying Vauxhall UK are saying its an Opel and not a Vauxhall!! But when i do a search on DVLA for an Opel under my reg it doesnt bring anything up but when i do a search for my car under Vauxhall it brings all ym car details up and next to import it says N/A!!!