Thread: Meos Double Din DVD Multimedia Console

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Meos Double Din DVD Multimedia Console

Hi, I've just ordered a new HU, never heard of the make before (MEOS) but after checking out lots of different units this one came in at my price range and has all the features I am after.

http://www.wedodigital.co.uk/product...702b/?search=1

I know I am going to need an adaptor but can't work out which one I should buy.
    I'm not overly worried about losing the Steering Wheel Controls but the Meos HU is susposed to be capable but the lead is not yet available.

I've looked at
    AUTOLEADS-PC2-85-4, which costs around £20.
    This one doesn't appear to support Steering Wheel Controls.

AUTOLEADS-PC99-X80A, which costs around £35 but may be able to support SWC when the lead becomes available from MEOS.

The MEOS HU comes with an "ISO block cable" so I think it should work with either of the above.

Would I also need a CAN-Bus adaptor or would any of the 2 leads above work without it?

Thanks

P.S. It's being fitted to my 2007 1.3 CDTi Club

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    Welcome mate

I'm not sure how the sat nav part of that works, if it needs a speed pulse then yes a canbus adaptor will be needed for the speed pulse and other feeds that will make it easier

As for steering wheel control it won't be so much when the lead becomes avaiable from MEOS but when (in that case) Autoleads makes the patch lead, TBH I wouldn;t hold my breath on it coming avaiable

One thing to check out is connects2 as I heard they are doing universal remotes you can teach from the remote that comes with the MEOS unit. It has been mentioned in the MK4 ICE but maybe worth a call to see about compatibility for MK5

Check THIS thread for more info
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the welcome Autosparks, and the super quick reply!

The sat nav requires buying an add-on, which I'm not going to buy until I've tried the unit and am happy with it.

I think I will go with the AUTOLEADS-PC2-85-4 for now, like you say it could be a while, if at all, before a suitable patch lead is available.

I'll let you know how it works out when it arrives.

Thanks again.

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    Yep the PC2-85-4 will be your best bet then for no steering wheel controls and no nav. I can't remember if that comes with the aerial adaptor or not. If not you'll also need a PC5-137
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Autosparks View Post
    Welcome mate

I'm not sure how the sat nav part of that works, if it needs a speed pulse then yes a canbus adaptor will be needed for the speed pulse and other feeds that will make it easier

As for steering wheel control it won't be so much when the lead becomes avaiable from MEOS but when (in that case) Autoleads makes the patch lead, TBH I wouldn;t hold my breath on it coming avaiable

One thing to check out is connects2 as I heard they are doing universal remotes you can teach from the remote that comes with the MEOS unit. It has been mentioned in the MK4 ICE but maybe worth a call to see about compatibility for MK5

Check THIS thread for more info
    Andy unfortunatley the universal one does not work on CAN cars. Not to say that one will not become available . As for there being a lead for the MEOS to work in the Astra Nope sorry will not happen not by connects2 or Autoleads, so it will have to come from MEOS themselves.

The leads are as Andy mentioned, if your Sat NAV requires a spped signal etc then you will need a CANBUS adapter but looking at the unit it looks like it will be like most units from China i.e. without one, so you should be fine with the parts mentioned.

Do not forget you will need a DD fitting kits and an active aerial adapter.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks Guys,

The PC2-85-4 worked just fine with the MEOS, albeit without the steering wheel control and sat nav. When (or if) MEOS release the steering wheel control and sat nav bits I might then look at the can bus adaptor. ( The PC2-85-4 was cheap, £10 + a couple of quid delivery and it has allowed me to get it installed -I think I got lucky with it )

As posted on other threads, I had to connect a wire to the Black wire in the hazard wiring to get power to the unit, with the MEOS case it was the Red wire.

When I've had time to play with it I'll try posting a review if anyone is interested...

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi,
    I am thinking of buying one of these Meos double din head units.
    Can anyone tell me what their experience of them is?
    I am hoping that the phone connectivity is good (like phone book data being viewable on the head unit, and showing caller's name etc).

Thanks

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

meos mc702b

Quote Originally Posted by ProdToHaveAnAstra View Post
    Thanks Guys,

The PC2-85-4 worked just fine with the MEOS, albeit without the steering wheel control and sat nav. When (or if) MEOS release the steering wheel control and sat nav bits I might then look at the can bus adaptor. ( The PC2-85-4 was cheap, £10 + a couple of quid delivery and it has allowed me to get it installed -I think I got lucky with it )

As posted on other threads, I had to connect a wire to the Black wire in the hazard wiring to get power to the unit, with the MEOS case it was the Red wire.

When I've had time to play with it I'll try posting a review if anyone is interested...
    Hello,

I know it was some time ago you posted this but I've been thinking of getting the Meos MC702b with the SatNav included, what was your experience of the unit overall, is it worth a buy or was it as they say 'you get what you pay for'?

Cheers

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt.Phoenix View Post
    Hello,

I know it was some time ago you posted this but I've been thinking of getting the Meos MC702b with the SatNav included, what was your experience of the unit overall, is it worth a buy or was it as they say 'you get what you pay for'?

Cheers
    Hi there Cpt Phoenix, well I still have it though it's only out of laziness to change it!!

My experience of the unit I bought (note the MC702B is the "2010" model so may be better);

Fitting:
    I had to cut the bottom piece of the thin black trim, can't remember exactly why but it just wouldn't fit otherwise!

Bluetooth:
    Tried 3 different phones, most recent one being a Samsung Toca Light.
    None of them work with the on screen phone book, caller id nevers displays the callers names on incoming calls.
    While voice is clear, the mic is poor -so as many callers have told me
    Playback of MP3 over bluetooth works well enough but have issues with the unit cutting off occasionally.

CD/DVD:
    Playback is fine - no issues.

USB/ SD
    The user interface is basic, slow and a real pain to use - so much so that I gave up using it.

IPod:
    Never tried it but it has the correct cable.

The unit in general is flaky, well at least the one I got. It randomly switches between radio and dvd , turns off , locks up , loses the radio preset channels.

So you are quite right, you get what you pay for.