Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vauxhall ice>Link Gateway 100 Car Kit <- NonAUX CD30MP3... anyone installed one?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Vauxhall ice>Link Gateway 100 Car Kit <- NonAUX CD30MP3... anyone installed one?

As above, has anyone installed one of these denison icelink gateway car kits? From their site, they say it fits any CD30 MP3 unit, and that it connects via the cd changer port... which is odd, because I thought the CD30s didnt have a cd changer port? If it does turn out to be all good and it does work as advertised, what would the sound quality be like? I am assuming since it connects via CD changer, that its a digital connection and so it would be the same as if it was connected via aux in, right?

http://www.ipodcarkitdirect.co.uk/iP.../Compatibility

???

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    I've only ever thought the ICE LINK LITE versions would work on a vauxhall with aux input because they don't have cd changer ports on them.

Searches do show it to be correct though. If I get the chance i'll speak to Dension UK next week
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Knowing the Denison stuff I would say that the quality will be excellent. Although do not expect CD/DVD quality as that will never happen with any compressed format but to 99% of people indescernable to those. I have installed a few in Merc's and BMW's and never had an issue with Dension.

Funnily enough since I got the brochusr on these I have been meaning to have a gander at one of these, so if you do get one please pass on your thoughts

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BasilD View Post
    I have installed a few in Merc's and BMW's and never had an issue with Dension.
    That will be the gateway 500 then on the fibre optics? They really are brilliant adaptors
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Autosparks View Post
    That will be the gateway 500 then on the fibre optics? They really are brilliant adaptors
    Yup, your're right the fibre optic ones.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Interesting response I got from them

"Hi Alex,

Both Grundig and Blaupunkt units are compatable providing they are the MP3 Version.

The Kits replace the entire harness at the back of the stereo, installation is simple.

Hope this helps."

"It replaces the entire harness on the back of the stereo, the current existing harness replugs into the back of the new harness. In essense it piggy backs onto the wiring loom."

Hrm... interesting, especially because it says the units can be controlled via the steering wheel controls, they must have figured out a way to interface with canbus.

Now to decide if its worth getting this over getting either a newer headunit with aux-in, or a completely new headunit (i'm eyeing a pioneer touchscreen unit, only aud$500ish.)

Hrm.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi there, I have bought one so I'll let you know on Monday what it's like. I just didn't fancy changing the OEM stereo (CD30 version). It looks good, I hope it lives up to the billing.

Plus, I quite like the idea of keeping the Aux in by the handbrake for other inputs.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jblonde002 View Post
    Hi there, I have bought one so I'll let you know on Monday what it's like. I just didn't fancy changing the OEM stereo (CD30 version). It looks good, I hope it lives up to the billing.

Plus, I quite like the idea of keeping the Aux in by the handbrake for other inputs.
    Yea, except it might be difficult to wire the module all the way under the middle console. Having aux in/usb ports near the handbrake would be awesome lol.

Take lots of photos when you go to install it, I'm extremely interested to see how it all works/goes together/end result.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Little bit of an update, I was just reading here: http://www.carnlink.com/boutique/fic...&code_lg=lg_fr about the gateway 100, and it says, translated via google,

"Login and vehicle compatibility

Via the CD changer port on the back of the original post

Plug and Play in 30 seconds.
    All recent OPEL car equipped with CD30MP3 are compatible.

Warning: the connection is through the block of auxiliary functions. If you do not have auxiliary jack on the car is that you may not be the auxiliary function block on the back of the post.

Check the presence of these blocks of auxiliary connection on the back of your computer before ordering!"
    So it looks like mine might not be supported, which sucks

Here is a photo of my headunit pin diagram, for reference:

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    I believe aux in is RSA L, RSA R and RSA GND

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast