Thread: engine bay

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

engine bay

hey can any one send me pics of there oe dv and what they did to it when they fitted an aftermarket BOV cheers

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    just leave it connected as normal mate its (apparently) better for the turbo and performance if both are running, however your aftermarket dump valve will be louder if you blank it off using a one way valve......... up to you.....
    !Astra Coupe Turbo!
    243bhp and 334ft/lbs!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    no point sending pics mate as the oe valve is situated inside the turbo housing so pics will be of no use

youve got 2 options realistically

1. Fit a one-way valve in the vac hose that feeds the OE recirculating valve - this enables the valve to be pushed shut but not opened under vacuum ** ONLY DO THIS IF YOU HAVE AN AFTERMARKET DUMP VALVE** This will make the aftermarket valve louder than if it was running in unison with the OE one. Aftermarket DV plumbed into FPR (Fuel Pressure Regulator)

2.(My preferred setup) Keep the OE valve plumbed in as normal (or directly from the FPR as opposed to the rear BCS as standard) and then the aftermarket DV plumbed into the FPR - basically the same as above but WITHOUT the one-way valve. This ensures that both dump valves work in unision and in my opinion the best of both worlds is achieved.

Personally I have the 2nd setup but I have removed the OE recirculating valve (with rubber diaphragm) from the turbo housing and fitted a piston type recirculating valve from Evolution MotorSport (EVOMS). The benefit of this over the standard rubber type one is that upon activation, the excess air is dumped in one direction only - ie back up the air intake and not in any direction possible as the standard one does - sometimes causing turbo stall etc....

Anyway Im waffling now, but if you need any more info shout up .

My advice though, keep the OE valve connected as well as the aftermarket one, run both directly from the FPR..... and then run the FPR directly from the throttle body - thus bypassing the rear BCS. Keep the BCS electrical plug connected but no vac hoses will be connected to the TB so should run a lot smoother etc.

Have you got an aftermarket dump valve yet? I personally have the Bailleys but will be ditching this in the forthcoming weeks in favour of a Collins unit - so many problems associated with the Bailleys so Id advise considering the options.

HTH

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hey man cheers for that do you have a pic of that set or a diagrahm so i can understand that a bit more and what kind of intake set up u got can you send a pic of that cheers mate

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    pics of my weird n wonderful intake setup can be found in my garage - click the garage icon below my username

theres some pics floating about this forum drawn by simon aka waveybluewater but for the life of me i cant find them at present

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thats a huge ****ing filter mate were did you get ur inlet top hat from mate?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    top hats are made by a member on here

available as 63mm or with reducer of 57mm to fit standard hoses

dtls here: http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=185514

and yes the filter is nice n big

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    what size did you go for mate

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I didnt buy directly from him but fairly sure its the 57 as it fits the standard boost pipe - ok ive got the Z20LEH (OPC/VXR) boost pipe on mine but the hose diameter is the same

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ok man sweet as did you see much difference when you did it you got many pics of everything you got set up under your hood