Thread: AC Reley

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

AC Reley

Where is it? I have problems with my buttons which control AC,TC,and rear window heaters.. They wont turn on,and sometimes they work just fine,but then again when i need them the most they just wont go on and the story basicly goes the same from there.

I suspect the reley,but i dont know where is that main reley,or what ever =)

If someone can assist me =)

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    Sorry mate there is no one relay that controls those things

You mention TC, as in traction control?
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm betting it's the recycle air button not TC, I'd have to suspect either the elec connectors or more likely the circuit board has developed a fault. If you could identify the board I have a few spares lying around. It will either be green or white on the front.
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yes it was the recyle air button,my mistake.

What do you mean circuit boards? Where can i find that? How does it look?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Inside the heater, behind the knobs is a circuit board. The elec connectors on the back connect to it. Remove the front of the unit, DON'T disconnect the control wires on the back, there is no need and they are very easily bent or broken. Once you have the front off, 3 upper and 2 lower clips BTW, you'll see the light prism, remove that and you can see the circuit board. Depending on the age of your car it will either be white (old design) or green (new design). They aren't interchangable as the elec connectors on the back are different. To remove the circuit board disconnect the 2 elec connectors from the rear, grab the heater box and stretch it out, top to bottom, whilst pulling on the circuit board. The clips holding it in place will disengage with the stretching so it can be removed whilst the rest is still in situ. You can then refit a new one the same way. You want to avoid removing the heater unit control wires if at all possible.
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks man! I will get to it as soon as i have some tome.

But tell me,i had this problem since i bought this car (it was used,made in 1999)

But the problem isnt that its not working AT ALL,it sometimes works flawlessly,and someting wont turn on AT ALL! And turning the ventilator speed knob makes it work.

For example i turn the AC on,and it doesnt work,then i turn the ventilator to speed 3 and it starts working,i turn the speed down to 2 and it shuts down,than i turn it to 4 it works,i wait for about i minute turn it back to 2 and it still works,and then works on any.

Very very confusing.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It could be the circuit board having a loose connection. There is a resistor located somewhere which does odd things to the heater unit when it goes but IIRC it tends to affect the fan speed more than anything else.

I'd say try another circuit board and see if that stops the problem. I have loads of the old type circuit boards lying around, pay the postage and you can have one.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Tnx for your help man,but postage from UK to Serbia is gonna cost more than the new part =)

As soon as i have a bit more time in my hands i am going to get it opened and see what i am dealing with.. But i know i am going to **** something up :S