Thread: Help With My Ac

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Help With My Ac

Hello all, I have just got an mk4 sri 2.0 x reg, and the ac does not work lights come on but revs dont change and cant here anything turning on,i work at a garage and i will be servicing it tommorw,sat 13/06/09 and wanted to tri and re-gas it at same time as its free but no one i work with knows how much gas i need to put in? plus its stinks like hell with the air con on or off.

any help would be gratefully received thanks martyn

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    you do A/C at work but no one knows how much it takes?? what sort of training do they have

there is a silver sticker under the bonnet, just about all astra G's take 700g IIRC
    Honda Integra Type R
    MK4 Astra TD LS Estate

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    How Tos . Parts For Sale
    The two most life changing experiences you'll ever have. Finding Jesus, and having a baby.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Smile Re

Quote Originally Posted by Goose1647 View Post
    you do A/C at work but no one knows how much it takes?? what sort of training do they have

there is a silver sticker under the bonnet, just about all astra G's take 700g IIRC
    its a franchised dealer we only do mazda and citroen, boo who,and all the lads have only worked on them and never a vauxhall because we out source none franchise cars,

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Marty welcome to the site, that's first off. We all here try to help others as much as we can, no one here has an axe to grind etc.

I understand that although you are a mechanic you are non particularly conversant with the MK4, I worked at a main dealership for Hondas, Yamaha and Suzukis and I still didn't know a great deal about Kawasakis for instance. You know what you know and that's it.

First off the stink usually comes from the pollen filter, it's located behind the glovebox, a quick search of the site will arm you with enough knowledge to change that easily.

Secondly so long as you follow the same regime as other manufacturers you'll be fine, as said it should take approx 700gs.

Feel free to ask as many questions as you like, we all, even the best of us, need information and knowledge gained by others through experience.
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

im not a tec

Quote Originally Posted by Oddjob View Post
    Marty welcome to the site, that's first off. We all here try to help others as much as we can, no one here has an axe to grind etc.

I understand that although you are a mechanic you are non particularly conversant with the MK4, I worked at a main dealership for Hondas, Yamaha and Suzukis and I still didn't know a great deal about Kawasakis for instance. You know what you know and that's it.

First off the stink usually comes from the pollen filter, it's located behind the glovebox, a quick search of the site will arm you with enough knowledge to change that easily.

Secondly so long as you follow the same regime as other manufacturers you'll be fine, as said it should take approx 700gs.

Feel free to ask as many questions as you like, we all, even the best of us, need information and knowledge gained by others through experience.
    hi ODDJOB

yea im not a tec, i just work in the after sales and warranty side and we just have a young team,but any way thanks for getting back to me,i have done the service now and car is now running brill,did the air box de-resrict as wall and i can tell the car does seem to rev more freely now,but the air con thing well thats some thing elce, i dont know if it is ower re gaser thats had it or some thing on the car,because turned it on and nothing no needels moved,some one coming to look at it next week,so will have to have a go then,and yea did find the ( how to ) on the poll fillter but could not get the part so i just removed the glove box to have a look,so i know what im doing on monday, thanks for all responses

marty

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I may be wrong on this because AC isn't exactly my field but IIRC when you engage the AC the engine note should drop a little and if your listening in the engine bay you can hear the compressor clutch engage. If you can't hear the clutch engaging it's more than likely that it's either stuck or the compressor is buggered. IIRC you need to use the AC about once a month to keep the seals from drying out, even in winter I use mine a little just for that reason.

I hope that helps.
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.

Status
    Soft Top VTEC :)
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    When you hit the AC button, you will hear the relay click and then the compressor kicking in, it's very audible

Could be that you have a leak, and the system detects that there is no Refrigerant in your system, thus the compressor doesn't turn on

Get your aircon pressure checked at your local halfords, it's free
    FULL Black Leather Heated coupe interior for sale! £200!!!
    Click Here

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oddjob View Post

ok mebbe i was being a bit of a tool, i'd blame the stella but it's not an excuse
    i assumed the first port of call would be to look for the info under the bonnet as thats where most are (although not all) hence not understanding the difficulty

anyway where's my coat
    Honda Integra Type R
    MK4 Astra TD LS Estate

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    LMAO @ Goose. It wasn't a dig, at least you knew the correct amount, it's more than I did.

We all in hindsight make comments which can be misconstrued, at least you took the time to make a comment and for that you should take your coat off and sit back down.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast