Thread: cooling/air con on going problem ,,,, help its driving me mad

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

cooling/air con on going problem ,,,, help its driving me mad

hi all first il say its going to be a bit of a post.right i have an astra g y20dth 2002.the cooling light came on the dash a while ago and the electric fan came on all the time.now the is no gas in the system and hasnt been since i had the van due to a leak.now on asking vx they said it was the cooling module under the wing,so i changed it no joy.so then they suggest i change the water temp sender still the same.must point out the van is not overheating at all.i have since put a new condensor rad in . i have had to take the fuse out that conrols the compressor/ electric fan to kill the fan.i have noticed if i turn the ignition off with the fuse in the fan stays on but if i turn it back on then off again it kills the fan.if the is no gas in the system will it cause this fault bearing in mind the fault has not long showed it self and has had no gas in the air con system for months.could the sensor near the air con rad have anything to do with this the one that has a three pin connection that plugs in next to the air con rad.also if i pull the connection from the front fan then turn the ignition on should this be live and if so does this rule out the front fan being to fault.any help is well accepted its driving me mad and has cost me a few quid ,sorry for the long post

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    the ECM light means there is a fault, and reading the Fault codes should give you a fair idea of the problem (not always)

If the coolant temperature or AC pressure signals are out of range they fans will run flat out as a precaution, and put on the ECM light.
    How Tos . Parts For Sale
    The two most life changing experiences you'll ever have. Finding Jesus, and having a baby.