Thread: New phone... Nokia E71 or N95 8gb?

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

New phone... Nokia E71 or N95 8gb?

Looking at getting a new phone this week as contract's due... (new contract too) I've found teh contract i want, O2: £35 p/m, 600 mins, 1000 texts and unlimited internet. I get get most phones on this for free but don't mind paying a bit if it'd be worth it.

The main 2 i was looking at were the new nokia E71 and the nokia N95 8gb. Which would be better? Slightly put off by the fact that the E71 doesn't have speaker phone.

I want a phone with 3g but apart from that, any other ideas? Would prefer a nokia as i like the way they work.

Thanks

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i aint too sure about either of these phones, as i havent even seen them! my contract is up for renewal this month, i think im going for a blackberry but i havent really done enough research to be honest.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i was going to get the n95 8gb but it has no memory card slot so if the phone go's tit's up you will lose ever thing you have saved on it. music,videos,maps the lot!!! if you can go for the n96

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    dont bother with an n96, i've sold about 100, and most have gone faulty, the e71 is a good solid phone.

I was even complimenting it on how solid it feels today, strange to see a post about it on here.

the camera aint as good as an n95 8gb, but its a better phone imo and far far less problems.
    Observe the masses and do the opposite

Status
    /
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Wouldn't get the N95 TBH, its already outdated. No idea what a E71 is though.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I had the choice of an e71 or a blackberry bold at the end of last year, i chose the blackberry, but i still use works e71. its a top notch phone in my opinion, and it doesnt lag like most nokia N series phones do
    Observe the masses and do the opposite

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The E71 is the one to go for. The battery life on the N95 is not as good.

I have the E71 and it Does have a speaker phone. It says that it does not but it does. It also comes with a 2gb card for music and photos and the internet is pretty fast and easy to use.
    Almost Always Eventually Right

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    As Amir said the E71 does have speaker phone. It's a good little phone but I found some of the games and apps I wanted weren't compatible with it.

The N95 is outdated and slow with various bugs - it had decent features but what about the n96 or holding out a month for the N97?

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cheers for the replies guys think i'm going to go with the E71. THat's good about the speaker phone, thought it was a bit wierd it wouldn't have that. Yeah my dad has a blackberry bold and it goes wrong all the time and also i'd have to pay £100 for the phone on top of the contract which i don't really want to do tbh. Likewise with the n96/7 i'd have to pay for. So i'll go with the E71 Thanks.