Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Tired of Astra - Help Me Out

Hey all,

I have a 06 1.6 Sxi Astra Sport which I only bought a couple of months back. Got the full service done and was ok - had a minor problem with sometimes the car cranking a few time more than normal to start up but the garage said nothing wrong so i ignored it - only happened sometimes so wasnt too bothered.

Last week happily driving along - realised the idle revs were higher than normal (1000 compared to 800 before) then the emmision light came on and when carried out the self check code 11515 came up.

Took it to the garage and was told that the temp sensors had gone so got both replaced the radiator and engine thermostat -

Worked well all week until yesterday - the idle rev has gone back up to 1000 - and the same code has appeared -

Its doing my head in - cant believe it - taking it back to the garage and his response was computer said sensors so we replaced it and now gotta check it again - fair enough i suppose but if anyone knows what it could be or has experienced the same then would appreciate any help

cheers

hh

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Unfortunately most garages just replace parts until its fixed. The ECU codes aren't gospel, just part of the diagnosis process.