Thread: 2005 (Pre Facelift) CD30 MP3 Aux In

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

2005 (Pre Facelift) CD30 MP3 Aux In

Ok, I know this has been asked a million times, but there are a lot of different answers, and its quite confusing.

I have a 2005 Astra H, pre facelift, with a blaupunkt CD30MP3 (the one with the 6 buttons). Does this, or does this not, have the ability to add AUX In? As seen on the cd30mp3.co.uk site, when I press the tuner/fm/am button, it does nothing but change between fm/am, and does not display an AUX option. Does this definitively mean that it does not have the ability, or could it simply be deactivated with tech2? Would the best way be to pull the stereo out and have a look? Will it have AUX IN on the wiring diagram, or will it be under something else?

It also has a 'BC' button, that when pressed says 'no function'... what exactly is this?

Thanks guys

2. The following members like this post:

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    BC is Board control. Gives u access to the top trip display. I assume u have a 2line one (with buttons underneath) and so dont have the screen activated for such features.

Best way to see if u can add aux in to the stereo is pull it out and look at the wiring diagram on the top of it. If it says aux on one of the pins then it can be added and then tech2 activated to work.

Alternately maybe think about changing the stereo to an aftermarket one, will gain better sound quality, functionality and looks and still have the same screen display (except the radio, cd name/title/folder etc)

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    you have the same CD30MP3 as mine.
    i was trying to get an AUX IN, i ve given up now.
    let me know if you got it.

i am in AU too.