Thread: Sport centre pipe

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sport centre pipe

Right i just fitted a GT3 system from the cat back to my mk4 1.4 16v astra, its brilliant, it accelerates in 3rd and 4th now like it does in 2nd, with the airbbox mods i wudnt b surprised if the 0-60 time had dropped, well, i can feel it.

But **** me backwards its loud, i just want a way to knock the top off the noise cos it booms so much.

Could i add like a sport centre silencer, so the pipe from the cat back to the intermediate pipe is a silencer, but not as restrictive as the old one. . .

If you get what i mean, if so, what would be a good one to get, im not sure if they do sport silencers.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have a Remus one fitted to mine for the same reasons - it was too loud before! Other manufacturers will probably do them as well
    Europa Blue cabriolet turbo...now with VXR turbo, collins dump valve and a large number of Courtenay hoses

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    So literally you jsut have the silencer, its not a full exhaust. Where did u get it from?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    No sorry I have a Remus cat back system so includes the centre pipe and backbox. Remus do a racing pipe or sports silencer for the centre section and having tried both I preferred the sports silencer. I got them both from Roadrunner Motorsport in Nottingham - silencer was about £120 IIRC
    Europa Blue cabriolet turbo...now with VXR turbo, collins dump valve and a large number of Courtenay hoses

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    http://www.lmfvauxhall.co.uk/store/p...at=1573&page=1

Is that what im looking for, i think it is, basically i wanna keep the backbox and intermediate pipe, or get an inter pipe as good as the gt3, but jsut the centre pipe does my head in. My gf loves it but the police dont seem to fond. So i need to replace the centre pipe from the cat with a silenced one, but not one that tottally ruins the sound.

fdrightup
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoner_Pez View Post

Is that what im looking for, i think it is, basically i wanna keep the backbox and intermediate pipe, or get an inter pipe as good as the gt3, but jsut the centre pipe does my head in. My gf loves it but the police dont seem to fond. So i need to replace the centre pipe from the cat with a silenced one, but not one that tottally ruins the sound.
    for that part it cost me £30 but made it myself

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoner_Pez View Post

Yep, that's the one I have on mine mate

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fdrightup View Post
    for that part it cost me £30 but made it myself
    Out of interest, how did you make this yourself? Are you sure you're not thinking of the Remus racing pipe?