Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problems with astra AGAIN... Worth complaining?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Problems with astra AGAIN... Worth complaining?

I bought a Astra 1.6 SRi Turbo XP back in October, it had 7k on, 07 plate. So far this is what has gone wrong:
    • Turbo pipe of some description started making a loud hissing noise and engine management light came on within 2 weeks of buyin it, went back to dealer (in thursday and over weekend to tuesday, no courtesy car offered and a day holiday from work wasted)
    • Side skirk of XP kit started coming off about Christmas so back again, they gave me a Agila... So much for the like for like courtesy car policy I thought they had. (in for 2 days)
    • April the gearbox, clutch and flywheel went in a catastrophic breakdown, leaving me with no 3rd gear or reverse, didnt offer me a courtesy car when it went in but I rang up and asked for one as I needed it for the weekend. (car ended up being in the garage for over 3 weeks) 2 more days holiday wasted.
    • last week, 2 weeks after gearbox etc was fixed, car jumped out of reverse when coming out of a space at work, and then wouldnt go in reverse, 1st, 2nd, 5th or 6th, leaving me having to drive 30 mile home from work in 3rd and 4th... Next day couldnt get to work again as its 30 mile drive and they hadnt sorted me a courtesy car until later on that day so another day wasted. (car was in from thursday morning until wednesday evening) Got it back with a different gearknob, presume it was the selector or something, they didnt tell me.
    Scratches have appeared on it, and im pretty sure they have been done at the garage as its parked in a private car park in the day and driveway at night and was immaculate when I bought it. But think its a bit late to complain about them and I can sort them with some t-cut hopefully.

Also the other side skirt of the XP kit is now coming away, its 7 months down the line do you think I can still take it back to the dealers about this?

And does anyone think its worth me complaining to vauxhall, see if i can get some compensation or something as they have left me without a car for periods of time and wasted 4 days of my years holidays off work?

Dealership are OK, especially now I have started goin out with the service girl... Thats how much I go in! Im upset with the car, not the dealership!

Rant over
    Driving Audi TT 225 Q

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I would complain to Vauxhall especially about the endless trouble you have had, it might get you no where but there is always a possiblity of compensation.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Over phone, who do i talk to? Email, who do i email? Letter, who do i send to?

I have never complained and am going to feel really bad doing it but just got to the point where i am fed up, i am now actually expecting something to go wrong within a month after getting it back...
    Driving Audi TT 225 Q

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ask the garage for the manager of the garages details and the name and address etc for the vauxhall head office and big chief
    1.8 excluciv convertible '06 (silver lightninig)

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    write a letter more prefessional to the Head office

Griffin House
    Osborne Road
    Luton
    Bedfordshire
    LU1 3YT

Tel: 01582 721122
    Fax: 01582 427400

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dodger View Post
    write a letter more prefessional to the Head office

Griffin House
    Osborne Road
    Luton
    Bedfordshire
    LU1 3YT

Tel: 01582 721122
    Fax: 01582 427400
    Cheers dodger, sounds like best bet as I dont think ill be very good over the phone and on paper can draft it etc until I think it sounds right, any chance you know who to address it to?

Cheers.
    Driving Audi TT 225 Q

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ^^ would have a clue TBH

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ive written a letter, took me last couple of hours, nice 3 pager

Addressed it to Customer Services Manager, whether it will get to him/her i dont know but we will see what comes back. Anyone want the letter as a template in future, just ask.

Also found a site howtocomplain.com that says whenever you buy something you enter a contract with the retialer where any faults with the product must be rectified and compensated so i think i have had enough faults so far to warrant something, see what happens.
    Driving Audi TT 225 Q

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I emailed GM on the Vauxhall website when i complained about the amount of time the EGR valve was taking to come through. They called me the next day, then the day after the EGR valve came in and was fitted a day later. They then phoned me on the Monday and asked if everything was ok and that it was fixed. Brilliant service fair play.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    See if this letter gets me anywhere then as they seem to only so something once an official complaint has gone in so i am reading after a few google searches
    Driving Audi TT 225 Q

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast