Thread: Red Mk1, Bristol

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Red Mk1, Bristol

anyone no the guy who owns a red mk1 in bristol?
    we had a wicked blast down the m4 yesterday turned off into bristol, proper nice car, n pretty quick, need to get him along to the meets
    **Removed - please read the forum rules regarding linking non-VBOA clubs. Thanks**

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Twas me perhaps shouldnt go so fast with my 5yr old daughter in the nav seat lol.

Names Phil been into Mk1s since learned to drive at 16 (yep legally on the farm) Cars a Mk1 GTE running an Xe with R1 bike carbs and a 1.6 Cav dizzy lol, Old Skool simplicity, Have just rebuilt engine in fact was breaking it in this weekend with a blast to Stoke then PV then Home about 350 miles so thats the run in done lol. Gotta get it back on the rollers for proper setup think she's running rich had to fill me tank 3 times . With the old engine she had about 180bhp at flywheel so not too bad she tops out at about 140mph but aint pushed her that hard again yet.

Regular contributor to MK1OC.com but aint been online anywhere else much odd delv into retro car club etc.

Happy to pop along top a local meet if i am in the area

Ta ta 4 now

Phil

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by warphi1970 View Post
    Twas me perhaps shouldnt go so fast with my 5yr old daughter in the nav seat lol.

Names Phil been into Mk1s since learned to drive at 16 (yep legally on the farm) Cars a Mk1 GTE running an Xe with R1 bike carbs and a 1.6 Cav dizzy lol, Old Skool simplicity, Have just rebuilt engine in fact was breaking it in this weekend with a blast to Stoke then PV then Home about 350 miles so thats the run in done lol. Gotta get it back on the rollers for proper setup think she's running rich had to fill me tank 3 times . With the old engine she had about 180bhp at flywheel so not too bad she tops out at about 140mph but aint pushed her that hard again yet.

Regular contributor to MK1OC.com but aint been online anywhere else much odd delv into retro car club etc.

Happy to pop along top a local meet if i am in the area

Ta ta 4 now

Phil
    hey bud,
    i'm goin to the devon car show on the 26th july if fancy comin down?
    http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/sh...ght=devon+show
    goin the to south west motor show on the 21st but the bookings closed,
    ah its fine she'll grow up knowin her dad was up for a larf, i always mess round with nice cars on the motorway, raced a 911 comin back from the rollin road in bridgewater found out the vxr does 170mph!!! only spose to do 152!!! all good n the 911 driver loved he got overtakin by a vauxhall i've always loved me astras the vxr is my 4th, had 3 mk3's b4 still wanna get another mk3 striped with the vxr lump, it be epic,
    i spent £94on fuel gettin to n fro pvs!! well dint help i got to the m4 realised i forgot my ticket n had to drive back, 177mile detour what a nob i am :P
    cheers Gav
    **Removed - please read the forum rules regarding linking non-VBOA clubs. Thanks**

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    will check my diary. I have booked a number of shows events with MK1OC and also rally alot so never have many weekends free.

one of my mates from the MK1OC has a VXR lump in his china blue 4 door mk1, he blew away the regal 360bhp corsa on saturday lol, the commentator was saying the guy in the slower car has good reaction times slower car my arse lol.

http://www.mk1oc.com/forum/viewtopic...11395&start=15

not what you expect to find in a china blue 4door lol

I like Mk3's always wanted a GSI but never ever got there yet lol, got 5 Mk1s in various states of repair, red, white and black GTE's (just missing a silver one) a black SR and a Van (which i intend to LET) also have 2 novas and two chevettes and a tigra so you could say vauxhalls in my blood lol.

will try and get down to the show and perhaps bring along a couple of other MK1s, i rally at Smeartharpe like the venue.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by warphi1970 View Post
    will check my diary. I have booked a number of shows events with MK1OC and also rally alot so never have many weekends free.

one of my mates from the MK1OC has a VXR lump in his china blue 4 door mk1, he blew away the regal 360bhp corsa on saturday lol, the commentator was saying the guy in the slower car has good reaction times slower car my arse lol.

http://www.mk1oc.com/forum/viewtopic...11395&start=15

not what you expect to find in a china blue 4door lol

I like Mk3's always wanted a GSI but never ever got there yet lol, got 5 Mk1s in various states of repair, red, white and black GTE's (just missing a silver one) a black SR and a Van (which i intend to LET) also have 2 novas and two chevettes and a tigra so you could say vauxhalls in my blood lol.

will try and get down to the show and perhaps bring along a couple of other MK1s, i rally at Smeartharpe like the venue.
    havin vauxhalls in your blood isnt a bad thing mate!!
    i dont want anythin else but vauxhall blood, love vauxhalls! i love blitzin evo's scooby's etc they never expect to be ruin by a vauxhall, ganted shes not perfect yet, but once i've finished her she'll be epic, i'd buy another astra to work on etc but all my moneys goin into the vxr the plans are pretty long n at the mo doesnt look like it but i've done a fair bit, but plenty in the pipeline :P
    the commentator would kiss regals ass! in all fairness think everyone would, i remember when they we a tiny company when me n my dad modded up a vectra, huge now, but i dunno which company is most relible regal, courtney, lmf etc must admit bought loads from em for me mk3, n got a couple things for the vxr,
    hopefully see you there be nice to meet you other than flyin down the m4 with my showplate up hahahaha!