Thread: Need some help please guys....

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Need some help please guys....

Right ive now installed my boost gauge not to hard to do and ive put it in the little tray infront of the fusebox so i can hide it if i want too..

Anyway how the hell do i use it lol, When i turn the engine on it sits at about -29 psi i dont know if this is right...

So when i put my foot down the turbo kicks in and it seems to hold about 10psi also i dont know if this is right for my phase 1 eds map????

So chaps could someone tell me how the boost guage should work please i want to get it sorted before i set up my new actuator as the boost when im in 5th gear is crap and keeps cutting in and out.
    Vxr turbo with 360 bearing and twin oils seals & Evoms dv. Cdti airbox 63mm tophat.Milltex cat back and pre cat.. Regal 245 leh phase 1 ipf remap.Whiteline rarb.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I just plumbed mine in now to test, mine sits at -8 vac on idle then overboosts to 0.7 highest and holds at 0.5 bar, seeing how I set my actuator to the lowest piont I am not surprised it boosting that much, now its time to start turning the actuator half a turn at a time til it boosts right on standard map, think its 1.0 overboost and holds at 0.8 or 1.1 and hold at 0.9.

You not keeping ya boost gauge in m8? I'm trying to figure out where to mount it at the moment.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah ive put mine in the little tray where the fuse box is you can open it and see it when you want to .....

Do you know the boost settings for a regal phase 1 map??
    Vxr turbo with 360 bearing and twin oils seals & Evoms dv. Cdti airbox 63mm tophat.Milltex cat back and pre cat.. Regal 245 leh phase 1 ipf remap.Whiteline rarb.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I don't even know the boost settings for standard m8 lol, been on here trying to find out this morning.

How have you put the pipe into the tray? Drilled a hole at the back? I want mine to come up through a vent or at the dash near the pillar but no idea's how to do it. :-)

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah i got the drill out.

This is doing my head in ive done a search cant find the boost settings i cant set my new actuator up untill i know think my old actuator is ****ed ive got about 11 threads showing the boost keeps cutting in and out in 5th gear when i put my foot down.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Phase 1 would be 11 - 12psi I think..

Standard is 8 - 9psi

The vacuum should sit at -26 usually so your gauge may be out, if it's out by 3 you might be boost to 13psi and be getting -26 really on vacuum? What does it sit at when you turn it off?
    FORMERLY WAVEYBLUEWATER

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waveybluewater View Post

Standard is 8 - 9psi

The vacuum should sit at -26 usually so your gauge may be out, if it's out by 3 you might be boost to 13psi and be getting -26 really on vacuum? What does it sit at when you turn it off?
    Mine sits at -8 it says?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Does your gauge sit at 0 with the engine off?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by montyfox View Post
    Does your gauge sit at 0 with the engine off?
    Yeah mate, when Idle its at -8 then goes up as driving, when I boost its going to 0.7 bar overboost and holding at 0.5 bar, is this correct for standard?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waveybluewater View Post

Standard is 8 - 9psi

Thanks Wavey ive just had a little twick on my old actuator got about 12 threads showing now so going to change it tommorrow

Is the rule of thump more threads = more boost ?, I turned the bottom nut to show another thread and it didnt seem to boost as much i dont understand?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast