Thread: Problem with central locking on 2006 astra

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Problem with central locking on 2006 astra

I recently started having problems locking my astra using the remote - neither the main remote nor the spare would work when parking at a friends house - it seems ok elsewhere, although sometimes, when elsewhere, it takes a few presses before it will lock the car. I have been parking at this location since i bought the car 8 months ago & the problem has only recently started.
    The car has been in to vauxhall who can't find anything wrong - the problem is that if I try to use the key in the door it only locks the drivers door, leaving the passenger door, rear doors & boot unlocked. vauxhall say that using the key in the door will not operate the central locking. does anyone else have this problem & has anyone else got it sorted - if so, how? I'm worried about the security of the car now - Vauxhall told me I should just park elsewhere because it must be radio interference at that location - that doesn't really help me! please help

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hello and Welcome to AOC.

The first thing I would to would be to change the battery inside the key, then give the lock barrel and the catches on the door a good squirt with WD40.

Its strange though how only the drivers door will lock with the key. On both my Vauxhalls, the central locking works fine that way as well.

My friend had a problem with the central locking only operating on some of the doors, it turns out it was a little piece of trim catching the locking button.

If it was the locking solenoid, the most likely outcome would be that the doors would lock then immediately unlock again.

I dont really buy Vauxhalls suggestion of radio interference one bit. Other than a problem with a wire coming loose inside one of the doors, I'm not much more use I'm afraid.
    I>< Silver Coupe ><I