Thread: my astra mk 4 c25xe/v6 pictures

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking my astra mk 4 c25xe/v6 pictures

hi there this is my first thread here so hi to all. i have a v6 converted astra 2.5 and am going to convert it to the x30xe over the summer. the way the motor sits at min is
    • c25xe
    • f18 gearbox wr
    • 256mm brakes front drums back
    what i want to do over summer
    • f23 gearbox and cable shift mechanism
    • x30xe conversion
    • and finnaly some decent brakes
    the engine i already have from a 2001 omega auto so gonna change the loom and induction system and run my 2.5 c25xe management and ecu. i will have the f23 this wend hopefully as picked up one last wend and it is wide ration totally not what i want so getting a z20let f23 out off a coupe this wend . i decided to change the box as i cant seem to get gears at high revs on the f18 there is such a delay with the syncro or something.

i need advice on brakes please, my astra is 1999 4 stud non abs so i need to get abs sensor so i can get a speedo signal as fas as i know i can use astra 1.8 hubs complete and then upgrade them to my desired 308's.

any detailed advice would be great lads.

i will hopefully make a day by day thread of what im doing and stick it on this forum.

thanks.

oh a few pics!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    That looks one absolutely sick car!!
    What suspension system are you going to use for all that extra weight?
    Do you have anti-roll bars too?

Im intrested in seeing this project rolling along keep us updated!

As for the brakes im not sure.. its a shame it wasnt a higher spec model to start with eh but its still nice!
    Astra MK4 X16SZR LS-Sold
    BMW 318IS-Sold BMW525 -Sold Polo CL-Blown up
    ASTRA 1.6 SXI 2001 Irmscher

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by alexm View Post
    That looks one absolutely sick car!!
    What suspension system are you going to use for all that extra weight?
    Do you have anti-roll bars too?

Im intrested in seeing this project rolling along keep us updated!

As for the brakes im not sure.. its a shame it wasnt a higher spec model to start with eh but its still nice!
    i have coilovers in the car and they are quite solid so it seems to be doing a good job, i have it lowered alot, i even took the adjuster out of the back 2 wheels so it just sits on the spring taut it looked nicer. yea its a pity the brakes are 4 stud like the conversion out of lmf is to expensive me tinks???

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Nice job!

I had a c25xe from a calibra to drop in to my mk4 for ages... I never got round to putting it in due to me whussing out, so I sold it on ebay to someone with a mk3 astra.

I still fancy doing a 6cyl swap at some point, as my x18xe has done more than enough miles and, after driving a 145bph BRM for a few months, the 113 horses (probably much less now tbh) it kicks out just don't feel enough for me anymore.

Question is should I go c25xe or x25xe?

I assume it was a reasonably big job to do too, but what was the most difficult part?
    Astra G, 1.8 Sport

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    not actually that big a job to get engine driving. i had to go c25xe because the induction is different look at mine then check out the x25xe. the all use the same size of blocks heads etc but the induction is different, my car is 1999 so had the throttle cable. is yours fly by wire or cable.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It's an x18xe so my throttle is cable driven.

Why does the different induction make such a difference to the difficulty of the fitting? Is the x25xe that much more tricky?

Is the loom mostly interchangeable, or is a lot of splicing required?

Also, I assume you had to get custom engine mounts etc fabricated. Which did you require?

And finally...
    Did you do the swap yourself? Were you able to do it with just an engine crane or did you require a full ramp etc.

Sorry for the 20 questions but if I'm to do the same thing then they'll help me a great deal!

Cheers
    Astra G, 1.8 Sport

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    x25xe is emoblisier so that is hassle for a start and the x25xe inlet system i duno if that will fit in the bulk head as mine was v v tight. c25xe is non imoblisier any c25xe ecu will do.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

x25xe from vectra with a 3.2 swap.

The multiram setup of the later V6 improves torque across the range, as you can tune the engine for 2 or 3 rev ranges.
    How Tos . Parts For Sale
    The two most life changing experiences you'll ever have. Finding Jesus, and having a baby.