Thread: Actuator fitting..help.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Actuator fitting..help.

Does anybody know anywhere in the north east i can get my new actuator fitted?

Im running a phase 1 map at the moment its fine but in 5th gear under a heavy foot the boost is cutting in and out and ive got about 10 threads showing on my standard let actuator so ive got a new vxr actuator.
    Vxr turbo with 360 bearing and twin oils seals & Evoms dv. Cdti airbox 63mm tophat.Milltex cat back and pre cat.. Regal 245 leh phase 1 ipf remap.Whiteline rarb.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Alright m8,

When I needed to set mine up I used this as guidelines.

"You can adjust your actuator in the following manner.
    1. locate the turbo at the front of the car, there is a male hex type bolt, normally you can use an 8mm spanner to undo the lowest bolt which goes through the bottom of the turbo heatsheild.

2. 2 x 10mm spanners, make sure the car has cooled, the area you are working in is extremely hot, we don't want burnt fingers. When the engine is hot the 2 nuts tend to fuse themselves together on the actuator rod. So please ensure the car is cooled 1st.

3. Undo the nut closest to the battery, allowing 1 to 2 threads showing, this will allow you to move the waste gate freely on the small lever arm and you can feel where the waste gate lever hits the stop.

4. Locate the stop position and bring the nut on the other side of the lever arm towards the battery. This should give you your min preload on the actuator which is connected to the waste gate, if you hear a slight rattle, then waste gate adjustment on the rod is not tight enough and all you have to do is again undo both the nuts on the rod, go half a turn on the closest to the battery and tighten up the other nut.Please test the car in smooth controlled manner and allow the engine to adapt to the new boost settings, always use good fuel. There is no way of knowing exactly what boost you have but this is a good bench mark. Having an actuator that is set on the low side allows the electronic boost control to achieve the desired boost, and results in less premature wear of the turbo. Having lots of pre-load on the actuator will overide any settings that are written into the software.

Hope this helps"

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    How many threads have you got showing on your actuator mate?, I wounder if its the front bcs bleeding off a little boost this doesnt happen untill im in 5th gear i dont get it .
    Vxr turbo with 360 bearing and twin oils seals & Evoms dv. Cdti airbox 63mm tophat.Milltex cat back and pre cat.. Regal 245 leh phase 1 ipf remap.Whiteline rarb.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    After I did the above I have 2 and abit showing m8, for me it stopped the boost cutting in and out. It's from Regal that quote, as it says if you have it set low it lets the boost control achieve correct boost levels, not saying it is correct but it from Regal and I'm no mechanic, this has also been said by other members when I asked bout actuator settings.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    So if the boost is gutting in and out abit in 5th gear the bcs must be leaking off a little boost then so maybe the actuator is set to high??

It was fine until i remapped the car to stage 1 with my ipf...

The car drives great and pulls like mad but in 5th gear its abit kak.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah could be the actuator m8, could be bleeding off the overboost. Try adjusting it and if it feels poo just undo the nut furthest away from battery, turn the nut that is closest to battery up half turn then tighten the top nut back down and re test but dnt go to far, some say not to go further than 6 threads showing.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bereet View Post
    Yeah could be the actuator m8, could be bleeding off the overboost. Try adjusting it and if it feels poo just undo the nut furthest away from battery, turn the nut that is closest to battery up half turn then tighten the top nut back down and re test but dnt go to far, some say not to go further than 6 threads showing.
    I know fella ive got about 10 threads lol, Think ill fit a boost gauge and go from there

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    if your at PV i will fit ne for you if i am not cooked

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dannysport18 View Post
    if your at PV i will fit ne for you if i am not cooked

Cant go Danny im at work.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhys57 View Post
    I know fella ive got about 10 threads lol, Think ill fit a boost gauge and go from there

I got a boost gauge ready to put in to, know how to connect it to fpr just dnt know how to get it through in to the car then wouldn't know how to wire lights up or where to put it. Its a gsi so cnt put it on pillar :-(

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast