Thread: 2001 1.7dti issue..strang

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

2001 1.7dti issue..strang

Hi guys, had this car now for about 3 months and hasnt really caused any issues so far. On a long haul on friday, it developed a strange problem which lasted about 5 miles on the motorway cruise.

Now, we were sat in heavy traffic for the best part of 1 hour + and then when we got on the move the managment light came on, no over heating etc took place, engine never got above 90°C. As I say, the managment light came on and gave a slight juddering then resumed to normal, then it came on again and juddered once more. Then it cleared and it has not returned since (another long haul has also took place in the mean time).

Now, did it go in to limp home mode (revs approx 3k whe the juddering took place) and I felt the rev limiter? or is this related to some thing else?
    Also, do I have to worry about fuel pumps on this car (y17 engine I believe) if so are these the symptoms??

And just to add, is this a isuzu engine???

Thanks in advance

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yes your engine is isuzu, engine code Y17DT.The injector pumps don't play up on these, it's the ecu on the back of the injector pump that plays up, I'm not sure if this could be your problem as the engine usually cuts out.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, thanks for the reply. Yeah I would have thought it would have just cut out. The EM light is away and hasnt been seen again. I am just wondering if it were the heat and sitting in all that traffic for such a long time. Maybe something clogged up with idleing so long or somthing..I dunno.

WHat sort of mileage does the fuel pump ecu fail at????

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Also, when it's in limp home mode...does it rev to 3k and thats it??