Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Swapping my 1.6t for a VXR, would you?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Swapping my 1.6t for a VXR, would you?

Hiya, I bought a 1.6t sporthatch SRI with the XP kit and 18'' pentas on back in october 2008, i got it cheap as chips due to the garage ****ing me around, it was up for £14.5k ended up costing me about £9k in the end all in. Its now got 13k miles on it, but I have had no end but troubles...

The turbo went immediately, then engine management light came on and it started making a big whistling noise a few weeks later and was in garage for 2 weeks. Then was ok for about 2 months. Then gearbox, clutch and flywheel all went in a catastrophic break down, was in for a month. Got it back and same thing happened with the whistling again so went in for another week. Then last week the gearbox has gone again, they havnt told me if its the gearbox or linkage or selector or somthing but presuming its the box again...

Anyway im thinking about part exin it against a VXR at another vauxhall dealership or maybe the one i bought it from...?

Anyone know what they will offer me for it (when its fixed of course and hopefully doesnt break again... on me anyway) and do you think it is a good idea?

And how much would I be looking at on top of mine for a VXR, i just want a 06/56/07 somethin like that with like 20k on clock...?

Wanted one since i bought this one but didnt think i could insure a VXR as im 20 but its the same premium as the baby turbo i got now so wouldnt cost me anything more on insurance, just the car itself.
    Driving Audi TT 225 Q

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    a friend of mine has a black vxr 06 plate with only 15k on the clock and hes looking to sell it for £10700 which i thinks a pretty low price considering it was almost £19000 new!

Status
    Mentioned in
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    I looked at the 1.6T before I bought the VXR, but decided to get the VXR and dont regret it at all!

You will probs get a 06 plate for 10-12k and 07 plate one for 13-14k.

Only thing is if your car is worth 9k and the VXR is 12k then they probs wont do a good deal as the profit aint big enuf for them so they would probz offer a lower price for your car.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Might be worth me just floggin mine privately or at least trying to for now, cheapest on autotrader close to the same as mine is £10,495 at the mo private so i might bang it on at £10k, see if someone will give me £9.5k, and there are a few VXRs for £9-11k so put a few quid toward mine...

Only thing buggin me is im a bit of a racer and Ive had a bash with a couple of VXR's (i know its naughty but please dont tell me off) and theres nothin really in it on public roads without being stupid so wondering if its worth it or not. Pretty sure it would be though
    Driving Audi TT 225 Q

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    there def is a difference...ive driven both....vxr's all the way.
    a qucik phase1 software flash will take u up to 275hp too!
    has to be the vxr mate!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    What about putting the extra money towards modding your car? A remap, full exhaust and airbox mods should see you around the same power as a VXR. Less hassle and a bit more different from the norm.
    Previous Astras: 1994 Cesaro 1.8 16v | 2002 SXi 1.6 16v | 2001 Coupé 2.0 Turbo | 1999 LS 1.6 16v
    Other Vauxhalls: 2001 Vectra 1.8 16v| 2003 Vectra GSi 3.2 V6 | 2005 Signum CDTi 150

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Get a VXR! I (and I know lukey_astra wants one too) really want one, but it will be yonks before I can afford one. I'm saving up though, albeit slowly!
    Arden Blue Astra VXR

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sten View Post
    What about putting the extra money towards modding your car? A remap, full exhaust and airbox mods should see you around the same power as a VXR. Less hassle and a bit more different from the norm.
    Not a VXR though at the end of the day is it and im a bit of a poser lol
    Driving Audi TT 225 Q

Status
    Turbo Jizz Golfer !
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nickfearn View Post
    Not a VXR though at the end of the day is it and im a bit of a poser lol
    Its the fun factor of showing up a VXR in a modified 1.6t

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Suppose mate but im always scared of breaking something when I mod it, its built to take as much power as VX put into in and wacking my 180bhp engine up to 250bhp with a remap, exhaust etc i just start getting worried it will go pop lol. Plus it voids your warranty doesnt it?
    Driving Audi TT 225 Q

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast